Sponsored

Do you drive with one or both feet? (Normal everyday driving)

One or Two feet to drive?

• Total voters

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Back in Grandma's (mine) day, there were no Power Brakes. You were the power, so she uses two feet from the experience of Needing to, or a left over of having to clutch and brake at the same time. My mother did it too. Smaller ladies needed two legs on the brakes is what I am saying.
I drove a ‘68 Hemi Coronet with manual drum brakes once. The owner was in the car with me and he said ‘ Go on, floor it !’ Which I did. I then put my foot on the pedal to slow it down and THAT was an experience. 😳 I honestly thought the brakes had failed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I drove a ‘68 Hemi Coronet with manual drum brakes once. The owner was in the car with me and he said ‘ Go on, floor it !’ Which I did. I then put my foot on the pedal to slow it down and THAT was an experience. 😳 I honestly thought the brakes had failed.
lol... I learned to drive manual on my 66 c10, 3spd on tree, manual breaks, manual steering... it is different. Only thing thats changed is the trans, i was dumb and put in turbo350... mainly cause it was not a sync'd 1st gear and it was a pain to drive in traffic. Going back to it eventually.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I learned to drive auto with only the right foot. It boggles my mind people use left foot to brake.
My Dad (who would be 94 now) always drove an AT with two feet. I often do since he taught me. I think it's an old-time thing, sure not what they taught in Driver's Training in the 70s. But it's quicker to the brake from the gas, and you can trail-brake if you are really getting after it on a curvy road. That's pretty fun. (I will even left-foot a stick-shift car in those conditions, where I know I am going to stay in one gear and not shift. Gas right, brake left. Borrow some rear grip with the brakes, ease back on the gas while trailing the brakes, then flat foot the gas as you release the brakes. Smooth as silk. It's a hell of a lot of fun in an old Fox body with a Maximum Motorsports suspension and four-wheel disc brakes.

Buckeye63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium w6sp
I learned to drive auto with only the right foot. It boggles my mind people use left foot to brake.
I have always driven two foot.In a non traffic situation my foot is on the dead pedal. In a traffic situation my left foot slides over to the pedal resting on my heel.It doesn’t ride on the pedal so my brakes do not wear out quicker, nor are my brake lights always on.It’s second nature to me to do this.My brother was a cop, he taught me to do this, that’s how cops drive.

Sponsored

Narandara

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Hennessey
I am using both feet especially when i am the first in line at a traffic light. Driving nowadays is boring enough sometimes so I can "play drag race" and sometimes run the quarter-mile before the other vehicles even start moving.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
What I want to know is how the people with two left feet drive..............

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
What I want to know is how the people with two left feet drive..............
we all know those people... the ones that live in the left lane, drives for miles w/blinkers on, and just plain turn in front of you in middle of a pull :p

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Both

I learned on a manual so using both is what I do even while driving a automatic. When I drive our Tesla it yells at me for doing that Ugh.
Sponsored