Sponsored

Do we know if the Mach 1 will have active exhaust and the same pipes as the Bullitt?

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Just curious if the Mach 1 will have the same options as the Bullitt such as active exhaust, electronics package etc..
Was looking at the Bullitt but given that the Mach 1 will have the Tremac may have to go that way.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, the "show cars" have certainly had the active exhaust. Not quite the same as the Bullitt though as they are larger 4.5" tail pipes (the GT500's are 5")

OP
OP

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Thanks Paul,
I know they are larger and not darkened like the Bullitt and figured they would put active on them but since I had not seen an accurate list of options for the Mach 1 I was trying to glean what I could. My guess would be most all the fluff options would be offered as they add $$ to the profit margin but had not seen anything definitive in print.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Much like the GT, it will depend upon what package you get with the Mach 1. I saw 2 versions while at the Mid America Ford and Shelby meet, a base model and the fighter jet gray performance pack one with everything on it like active exhaust, digital dash, and magneride.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Much like the GT, it will depend upon what package you get with the Mach 1. I saw 2 versions while at the Mid America Ford and Shelby meet, a base model and the fighter jet gray performance pack one with everything on it like active exhaust, digital dash, and magneride.
Im fairly certain both will still have active exhaust, digital dash, 8” infotainment screen, standard leather, etc. all as standard options, similar to the Bullitt

I KNOW that both iterations will be coming standard with Magride

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Im fairly certain both will still have active exhaust, digital dash, 8” infotainment screen, standard leather, etc. all as standard options, similar to the Bullitt

I KNOW that both iterations will be coming standard with Magride
You may be right about that, I've attached a pic I took of the base model and it looks like the valve for active exhaust.

20200618_144024.jpg

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
What about safety features like Safe and Smart? I've got Adaptive Cruise Control BLISS on my 15 and couldn't imagine buying a new car without it. You couldn't get Safe and Smart on a Bullitt.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
What about safety features like Safe and Smart? I've got Adaptive Cruise Control BLISS on my 15 and couldn't imagine buying a new car without it. You couldn't get Safe and Smart on a Bullitt.
There is something in the latest announcement about 2021 models about that. I think they are including Adaptive Cruise Control and BLISS as standard on all mustang models for 2021.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
BLIS was available on the Bullitt, just not ACC

I hope they’re not standard though. I’d love to have EVERY option on my Mach other than those 2 things. I’m going to be pretty bummed if, like the Bullitt, BLIS (and ACC for Mach) are a required feature to add Nav and B&O sound system

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
BLIS was available on the Bullitt, just not ACC

I hope they’re not standard though. I’d love to have EVERY option on my Mach other than those 2 things. I’m going to be pretty bummed if, like the Bullitt, BLIS (and ACC for Mach) are a required feature to add Nav and B&O sound system
Yeah, I would like BLIS and B&O, but I wouldn't want to pay extra for ACC and Nav.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's all speculation without the ordering guide STILL not published but all the electronic nannies will likely come on the car whether you want them or not. The cost to Ford is basically $150 for the sensors and the software is free. If you want to kill these pointless features, you should be able to disable them with FORscan and or yanking the plugs.

My guess the options will be

1) 6MT or 10AT
2) leather or cloth
2a) recaro or 'comfort'
3) technology package (voice NAV, elec dash, B&O) or standard (nee 301a with probably voice NAV, no B&O period)
4) appearance pack (jet gray+orange) or standard colors

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tech packge required leather seats. They just might roll them together and call it 'Premium'. I would further guess 10AT will force technology package.

Magneride and AE are standard and can't be removed.

for 2021 or 2022 I expect there won't be a stripper GT period, they will all be 301A or 400A (6MT only)/401A (6MT or 10AT). Only the ecoboost non-HPP will be available in 100A. AE will be standard on all GT regardless of package, or alternatively baked into 'perf pack' for both GT and EB.

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tbh, I HIGHLY doubt cloth seats will be an option. Ford has already said part of what’s included in the Mach 1 is a special startup screen for the gauge cluster (like Bullitt), which leads me to believe digital dash will be the standard option, along with leather seats
Sponsored