Do people always wanna race you?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I like how you are making it an absolute as though you just "know." Move to St. Louis, it happens all the time.
I've visited St. Louis. Also nothing.

I suppose if you drive around to the local cruise spots at midnight, maybe that's when it happens.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Happens more than you think. If it didn't, you wouldn't be reading this thread.
Quite the opposite, actually. I'm saying it doesn't happen that much.

However, if you're out driving in areas and during times when other drivers are out looking to race, then maybe that's what is happening.

Last edited:

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Sort of unexpected but I see less of the unwanted antagonizing from tuner cars while cruising on the highway since I slapped on the roush fender badges.
I now tend to get a thumbs up then left alone. I'm sure if I goosed the throttle they would go. Risk vs reward just isn't there for me.
1672767281025.png

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've driven Mustangs in Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, Texas, lots of places.

Nope....ya'll are imagining things. Seeing things that aren't there. In particular are "fly-bys".......they have nothing to do with you or your car.
I've seen this happen a lot, its possible you just don't notice it when its occurring. I'll say it happens less in my mustang than it did in my previous car.

If you were to slap some performance brand stickers on the rear window, I can guarantee you'd start to see it. If you were to start driving more aggressively, or over the limit more often, you'd maybe start to see it. People will only challenge people who they believe will reciprocate, anything else is a risk.

I know you're telling the truth though, it doesn't happen everywhere or with everyone.

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
When someone pulls up to you and starts goosing the throttle, staging, staring at you... Thats all in the language of "let's do this". It doesn't have to be verbal.
I sometimes get cars slowing down, to run parallel, while honking their horn. I don't think they want to stop for coffee.
PRICELESS!!!!!!!! lol

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who wants some, can get it. IDC what car I am in.. lol.

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 performance blue GT350
One time I was getting on the highway and opened her up a bit and passed a challenger hellcat and oh my that just bothered him so much he had to do a fly by. I didn’t even know he was there but I’m guessing Shelbys sound pretty sweet passing by!
i just rolled my eyes and like ok buddy. You rule the highway until the state trooper comes around lol

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
When I had my Race Red 2018 I had a lot of challenges. This Mischievous Purple looks black most of the time and maybe the fact that it's also a vert, I haven't been bothered much.

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
By the way my car looks and sounds, the average person assumes I'm always trying to race... It's loud and moves quickly.

Truthfully, I'm just trying to keep my back end tame by short shifting. I gotta get rid of these Nitto G2 tires... But knowing their limitations has probably saved me from making poor decisions.

Sponsored

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
By the way my car looks and sounds, the average person assumes I'm always trying to race... It's loud and moves quickly.

Truthfully, I'm just trying to keep my back end tame by short shifting. I gotta get rid of these Nitto G2 tires... But knowing their limitations has probably saved me from making poor decisions.
Speaking on this, my Ecoboost had a Borla Atak catback. I always, always drive the speed limit on neighborhood streets. There was one day I was driving to the grocery store and had my windows down, and this lady yelled at me to slow down. I was going 23 in a 25 and I was coming up on a stop sign. To this day I'm like wtf. This lady is not going to like me when I install my Corsa on my GT.

johnnytequila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 performance blue GT350
Speaking on this, my Ecoboost had a Borla Atak catback. I always, always drive the speed limit on neighborhood streets. There was one day I was driving to the grocery store and had my windows down, and this lady yelled at me to slow down. I was going 23 in a 25 and I was coming up on a stop sign. To this day I'm like wtf. This lady is not going to like me when I install my Corsa on my GT.
Lol, that’s funny

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I get tried every now and again. Mostly by other mustangs. But i did get ran up on just yesterday by a kid in a ford fusion. Was the oddest thing in the world why he did that. I mostly ask people if they are stock if we happen to be at a light. If the answer is yes i let them know its not worth a race for either of us. I dont really race anyhow. I just do some spirited romps everynow and then..LOL

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I believe a lot of these red light challenges with suv's, minivans, beaters are based on jealousy at some level from the other driver. I think a lot of these people who spend an insane amount of $$ on the big suv's hate to see someone in a vehicle next to them at a red light, that is sporty, fun, sounds awesome and probably cost 1/2 what they spent on their mommy bus. I think they challenge us to say..."Oh yeah, well I can have fun too!" attitude.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Quite the opposite, actually. I'm saying it doesn't happen that much.

However, if you're out driving in areas and during times when other drivers are out looking to race, then maybe that's what is happening.
I can relate to this. If I have more than one route to drive someplace, I usually choose the lesser driven route (even if longer), which might be a country backroad or similar. On such backroads I rarely encounter so many other drivers, including the ones who want to race. Conversely if I drive on more populated highways, then that is where I typically see the drivers who want to race. So I usually stick to backroads when possible. And they usually are more fun to drive.
Sponsored