Sponsored

Do our cars come with rain sensing wipers?

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
My ’19 has it as well. It’s actually connected to the drivers seat.
My are different, they connected to the radio. I swear, when CCR start singing "Have you ever seen the rain..." wipers start working. That's how I know I have this option. LOL

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
It was part of the Safe & Smart Package on my GT. I assumed the camera sees the rain on the W/S.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Honest question, what is it with people that never drive their cars in the rain? Is it just because you don't want to wash it and clean it again? Or do you guys think it's ruining the cars somehow?

It just never made sense to me why people are afraid of driving in some rain.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Honest question, what is it with people that never drive their cars in the rain? Is it just because you don't want to wash it and clean it again? Or do you guys think it's ruining the cars somehow?

A good question, as I’ve wondered the same thing.

I think for some, it’s a holdover from when cars didn’t have a robust corrosion resistant coating on the underside, and driving in crap conditions = rust over the longer term (assuming you were holding the car for long amounts of time and didn’t want a rust bucket.) I try to avoid rain in some of my cars, strictly from a “keeping it clean” aspect..... except the 1960 truck which also doesn’t have wipers and tends to let a little water in...

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1

For me I avoid the rain because of the cleaning. I do remember back when I had my 07 GT, I took it in for warranty work to Ford shortly after I had just got it and it started to rain when I picked it up. They had the car inside and I sat there for 10 minutes and said *uck it I'm leaving. The underneath was never as clean looking, the paper tags looked different. Bothered me for about 5 seconds, but it bothered me. At the time I lived in Phoenix AZ, so rain was rare. Lost the ability to say one owner, never driven in the rain. LOL! 😆

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman

Two reasons for me:
1. I love to keep it meticulously clean.
2. It is the only way I know of to try to keep the mileage down and exercise my poor old truck.

I have owned the Shelby for 20 months now, and I already have 25,000 miles on it... and we had a very wet winter last year.
If I lived in a dry environment like the desert Southwest, my Shelby would currently have a LOT more miles, and my truck would have a dead battery, flat spotted tires, and some unwelcomed rodent guests.

No complaints... I love the Shelby & don’t plan on slowing down the mileage accrual. The rain days are a blessing for both vehicles.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Bruh, I don't even have windows. Driving in the rain is a 3/10 at best

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Bruh, I don't even have windows. Driving in the rain is a 3/10 at best
You're a different case altogether. You don't count lol

But the more I think about it....you don't even have any carpeting inside to get wet. Just drill a few drain holes and rainy track days will be juuuuuust fine 🙃

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350

My main concern is Hydroplaning and yeah the car will be dirty as well. This is my weekend fun car so I have other options to drive in rain.