Sponsored

Do new coyote 5.0 'Stangs have the same distinct Mustang sound as the fox and 90/00s?

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Responding like it’s 2015 again lol.

They sound like shit compared to the old 5.0 and modular motors. Too much crackling, popping and rasp In the coyote. 03 Cobras have some of the best exhaust tones
Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
"Small" blocks have their place, Or should I say or the only place as far as newFord products go, and our new cars are light years ahead from the roots they sparing from. For me, the best sounding Mustang ever was a '67 Solid lifter 427 side oiler. I know, none came from the factory that way, 428's were the assembly line cars for the masses. Most if not all (427's)were added after purchase of the 428 cars. Nothing compares to one at full song, It was essentially a high reving big block. Now I love the sound of my Coyote @ 7.5K, but the bellow from a launch in a Ford FE is something you'll never forget hearing, or feeling. I use to think that era would never come back, but it hasS in a more refined way, and like I said, it's way different today, what we can get off the showroom floor is awesome. The 60's were a different era I know, but if you've never heard one, well, bummer.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I get the higher-pitched complaint.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Exhaust tone is quite a popular topic all over FB.

Long story short, you're comparing the motor sounds of a 2V vs a 4V. It's not going to be the same.

However a deep rumble has been highly sought after and it seems that people are tiring of the cookie cutter kits out there (I was). I've gone through several different exhaust iterations as I got
tired of the rasp, broke exhausts at the track, having to deal with CA and track noise issues etc.

I finally settled on a True Dual exhaust with 12" resonators and Magnaflow mufflers. All pipes are
3" and I have the option of a V-banded Magnaflow "Y" pipe for use at laguna seca. take a look:

I get compliments on and off the track all the time about the tone. The video was done about
a year ago so it's mellowed out a little bit but still has a nice deep tone to it. No rasp at all.

Good luck OP! :like:
Sponsored