Sponsored

Do LTH work with the stock Active Exhaust on 2021 GT with a Roush Phase 2?

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
My kooks came with the adapters to allow the factory cat back to remain. Im active as well but that has no bearing on anything as its just different mufflers at the back end.
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks NGOT8R. Looks like it's totally possible. Brenspeed also mentioned that it's possible to do. This will give me a mod to work on next year. Dumping 15k cleans out the mod fund for the year (and maybe forever according to the gf)
Lol, I hear you! It doesn’t take long to burn through some paper when modding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
My kooks came with the adapters to allow the factory cat back to remain. Im active as well but that has no bearing on anything as its just different mufflers at the back end.
Those are the LTH I'm considering actually. Although I need to find out whether there is any point (from a performance perspective) to adding LTH if the rest of the exhaust system remains the same. I'm not looking to just make more noise LOL

Lol, I hear you! It doesn’t take long to burn through some paper When modding.
We need a support group!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We need a support group!
Haha! We sure do. I know I have a problem with leaving things alone, lol. It sure would be a lot less expensive if I were able to do that. Let’s just blame it on Ford for not building these cars with the best of everything on them and at least 1000 hp.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Those are the LTH I'm considering actually. Although I need to find out whether there is any point (from a performance perspective) to adding LTH if the rest of the exhaust system remains the same. I'm not looking to just make more noise LOL

We need a support group!
Support group is gofundme lol.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Like everyone else said, they will work.

I am not exactly sure how strong the active valves are. But don`t be surprised to see a failure with all that extra air flow at some point in time. If I had to pick one thing that would fail first on these mustangs it would be the active exhaust.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There was someone on here that bent their AE valves when running it in conjunction with a WOT Box.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Like everyone else said, they will work.

I am not exactly sure how strong the active valves are. But don`t be surprised to see a failure with all that extra air flow at some point in time. If I had to pick one thing that would fail first on these mustangs it would be the active exhaust.
There was someone on here that bent their AE valves when running it in conjunction with a WOT Box.
Mine failed last winter on one side. The actuator made this horrid noise every time I started the car. It sounded like a failing starter motor. It took forever to get Ford to fix it because they said "We can only fix FAILED parts. That part still works it's just failing".

Wut?!?!?!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So I'm going to be installing an SC on the car and everyone says "Look, if you get an SC you should get LTH as well cause... flow".

Will LTH work with the stock exhaust? I've got the Active Exhaust system on my 2021 GT Premium and I'd like to keep that as a thing cause my neighbours like it when I start the car in quiet mode while in the garage at 0700 some mornings LOL

Does anyone know if this will work or if it's even worth it?
If you go with a long tube header that is designed as a factory connect it will bolt to the factory catback no issue.

ARH, Kooks, LTH, Stainless Works/ Power and Texas Speed all have factory connect setups so that you can retain your stock catback or any factory connection catback.

Hit me up and I can get you hooked up. I've got LTH, Stainless Power and TX Speed in stock ready to go.

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
So I'm going to be installing an SC on the car and everyone says "Look, if you get an SC you should get LTH as well cause... flow".

Will LTH work with the stock exhaust? I've got the Active Exhaust system on my 2021 GT Premium and I'd like to keep that as a thing cause my neighbours like it when I start the car in quiet mode while in the garage at 0700 some mornings LOL

Does anyone know if this will work or if it's even worth it?
They'd work fine!

We have these in stock and fit without an issue intended for stock exhaust.. plus they're on sale.
2015-2020 Mustang GT Stainless Power SM15HOR 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers | Buy Stainless Works Headers with 3" Off Road Lead Pipes for Mustang GT Exhausts at Lethal Performance

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks, guys. I just ordered the catch can kit today so let me get the SC installed and all the other stuff and then I'll look at all that after from a speed shop and not the Ford dealership LOL

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks, guys. I just ordered the catch can kit today so let me get the SC installed and all the other stuff and then I'll look at all that after from a speed shop and not the Ford dealership LOL
Let me know brother can help out with some killer deals.

#beefcakeracing
Sponsored