Sponsored

Do LTH work with the stock Active Exhaust on 2021 GT with a Roush Phase 2?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So I'm going to be installing an SC on the car and everyone says "Look, if you get an SC you should get LTH as well cause... flow".

Will LTH work with the stock exhaust? I've got the Active Exhaust system on my 2021 GT Premium and I'd like to keep that as a thing cause my neighbours like it when I start the car in quiet mode while in the garage at 0700 some mornings LOL

Does anyone know if this will work or if it's even worth it?
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'm sure they'll work just fine. You still have to tie into the h/x pipe or resonators & then the mid pipes after that. You have plenty of room to make something work.

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
We will see. I'll be adding a SC before the end of the year most likely (if orders arrive in time) but next year I think I'd like to pull her out of the garage and ger her something shiny in spring. Without doing the full exhaust cause the active feature is awesome.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
There are after market active exhaust as well.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
There are after market active exhaust as well.
Yeah, but the one from the factory allows me to time profile my quiet mode start times etc. I like stuff to be as integrated as possible. Very brief looking at the aftermarket ones; they have like a click of a remote for air pressure actuators that open/close the valves.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
If you go LTH you will not be able to use the FP/Roush tune your have been looking at. You will need a custom tune at that point.

LTH will need a tune no matter what direction you go. You'll have a tough time with warranty claims for the power train just as a heads up

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks for the info. Most helpful!

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Yeah, but the one from the factory allows me to time profile my quiet mode start times etc. I like stuff to be as integrated as possible. Very brief looking at the aftermarket ones; they have like a click of a remote for air pressure actuators that open/close the valves.
Yes you can run LT into factory cat back.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
As far as I seen, they just hook up to the same harness that you already use. It would still have the same features. It just replaces the exhaust. It should still do the same. You might be looking at one that install into a car with out AE

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
It works fine. I have LTH with factory active exhaust. No issues at all, you just need LTH with “factory connection” for the cat back portion of the exhaust.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yes you can run LT into factory cat back.
It works fine. I have LTH with factory active exhaust. No issues at all, you just need LTH with “factory connection” for the cat back portion of the exhaust.
Hrmmmm, I'm thinking of hooking it to a Roush SC to be installed as soon as a shop and I work out the particulars LOL

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
If you go LTH you will not be able to use the FP/Roush tune your have been looking at. You will need a custom tune at that point.

LTH will need a tune no matter what direction you go. You'll have a tough time with warranty claims for the power train just as a heads up
LTH will be fine without a tune according to just about every major tuner out there. Plenty of people do it with the Whipple stock tune. I’m not aware of anything special about the Roush tune that would change that.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I also installed LTHs on my Bullitt with factory AE. I cut off the factory resonator and added an x-pipe as well. About a year later, I went back and added a Steeda axle back. Now, I only have a small section of the factory exhaust piping between the x-pipe and Steeda axle back left on the car. I no longer have AE on the car, but did keep the actuator valves on the car, in order to avoid getting the AE light on the dash.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here’s what mine sounded like with LTHs, x-pipe and factory AE.

Cold start and idling in the garage

Switching exhaust modes

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks NGOT8R. Looks like it's totally possible. Brenspeed also mentioned that it's possible to do. This will give me a mod to work on next year. Dumping 15k cleans out the mod fund for the year (and maybe forever according to the gf)
Sponsored

Last edited: