Sponsored

Do I part with my 2016 Mustang GT Lightly Modded?!

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys and gals,

First post here and it’s just for opinions lol.

So 4 years ago I bought a Yellow 2016 Mustang GT with 1,300 miles for a good price. It was stock but had an X Pipe and 4” Catback pipes (non branded I believe) and sounded amazing and drove amazing.

Since then I have added a C & L Racer CAI and a BAMA Tune from American Muscle (SCT 4). The car has been amazing and only had to recently replace the Intake Manifold due to the crappy Control Valve rod issue with the newer model Intake Manifold.

I now have 30,000 miles and recently listed it for sale. The car is paid off and I am on the fence about selling it.

What do you people think?

Let me know below and thank you for having me!
Sponsored

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
a car paid for, is a car paid for.

30k isn't horrible for a 2016 GT.

But its all your call.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
You’re gonna miss it !

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
IMO unless you plan on keeping a car at least a year after paying it off, you probably should have traded it in sooner if you wanted a new car. I would keep the mustang and put the money you were paying on it in savings and have a nice down payment on something else this time next year.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Keep it. With maintenance you've got at least another 170k miles on her.

I know some people can't live without the latest and greatest. Those people are either rich or get bent over on resell or trade in. About the only thing considering worth trading in for (another Mustang) is the 10 speed. That's it.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you are still enjoying the car keep it, if there is another car tearing at your heart strings and you can afford it, then go for it

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
If it’s to trade in for another mustang I would just keep it the next two years since a new generation should be coming out and that always means a lot of upgrades. Personally that’s what I’m doing with my 17, I want an 18+ bad because of the A10 but if the rumors of a new gen for 2023 are true I can wait 2-3 more years. Since you paid the car off start making payments towards a bank account and when the time comes to upgrade use that money.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So... this was an advertisement for your sale and not a question, then? :p
Absolutely not. The car isn’t posted here and I already have an offer that is literally $3,000 less than what I paid for the car out the door 3.5 years ago.

So my logic numbers wise is, I’ve owned the car for 3.5 years and only replaced the tires and the intake manifold and did oil changes. So I’ve owned the car for 3.5 years and cost of ownership for that length of time is roughly $5,000.

Seems good to me. And I like most the feedback so far, except the above quote.

Things I want to get into... sad to say but maybe a Tesla P100D haha.

OP
OP

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If it’s to trade in for another mustang I would just keep it the next two years since a new generation should be coming out and that always means a lot of upgrades. Personally that’s what I’m doing with my 17, I want an 18+ bad because of the A10 but if the rumors of a new gen for 2023 are true I can wait 2-3 more years. Since you paid the car off start making payments towards a bank account and when the time comes to upgrade use that money.
Guys, I’m a 32 year old with kids. I have bank accounts, savings, 401k, brokerage accounts, own my home, etc. I had a 2.5%apr auto loan that I paid off last year.

My above post is where my mind is at.

Let’s keep it kind here...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Absolutely not. The car isn’t posted here and I already have an offer that is literally $3,000 less than what I paid for the car out the door 3.5 years ago.

So my logic numbers wise is, I’ve owned the car for 3.5 years and only replaced the tires and the intake manifold and did oil changes. So I’ve owned the car for 3.5 years and cost of ownership for that length of time is roughly $5,000.

Seems good to me. And I like most the feedback so far, except the above quote.

Things I want to get into... sad to say but maybe a Tesla P100D haha.
Andrew, chill out, just forum humor. You'll get used to it.

You know you originally didn't give us much to go with. Kind of like "I'm sick, what's wrong with me". So based on what you have said since, unless there is something out there today, right now, that you cannot live without, keep it. Otherwise why sell it?

OP
OP

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Andrew, chill out, just forum humor. You'll get used to it.

You know you originally didn't give us much to go with. Kind of like "I'm sick, what's wrong with me". So based on what you have said since, unless there is something out there today, right now, that you cannot live without, keep it. Otherwise why sell it?
You are totally right my dude. It’s been years since I’ve done the Forums stuff with my ‘07 Subaru WRX.

I guess it’s also the uncertainty of what’s going on out there and the car is just sitting in my garage with this Covid stuff. And a Tesla is kind of calling me but only the highest end Model S.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guys, I’m a 32 year old with kids. I have bank accounts, savings, 401k, brokerage accounts, own my home, etc. I had a 2.5%apr auto loan that I paid off last year.
All this is great but it doesn't mean that you don't have a million dollars in debt.

So do you want something newer, something nicer? Are you OK with adding more debt with a new loan. These are the questions you should be asking yourself.
Sponsored