Sponsored

Do I need: Rear Toe Link Kit (M-5972-M) - Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly (M-5A460-M) ?

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I have all the sub-components of the FP Track Suspension Package - M-FR3A-M8A, except:

- Performance Pack Rear Toe Link Kit (M-5972-M)
- Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly (M-5A460-M)

Do I need them? Should I include them?

I have a stock 19 GT Auto (non-PP). I searched many threads on the Track Suspension Package and have seen some say the 19 (or 18-19 GT) have the links already, or the equivalent. Nothing said particular about the bearings. I left more confused than informed. They're not that expensive, but I don't want to duplicate parts or just swap to say I swapped, and waste money. If they are worth it or an upgrade, then no problem adding.

Any input appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
All GTs have the PP toe link, so don't bother with that. It would be a good idea to do the Toe knuckle bearing kit, however. No NVH change, and more predictable rear end.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
I have all the sub-components of the FP Track Suspension Package - M-FR3A-M8A, except:

- Performance Pack Rear Toe Link Kit (M-5972-M)
- Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly (M-5A460-M)

Do I need them? Should I include them?

I have a stock 19 GT Auto (non-PP). I searched many threads on the Track Suspension Package and have seen some say the 19 (or 18-19 GT) have the links already, or the equivalent. Nothing said particular about the bearings. I left more confused than informed. They're not that expensive, but I don't want to duplicate parts or just swap to say I swapped, and waste money. If they are worth it or an upgrade, then no problem adding.

Any input appreciated! Thanks.
You do NOT have the knuckle to toe link bearings installed. Even the PP cars do not have them. Those bearings are part of the Track package when purchased from Ford Performance or one of their dealers.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yep. Get the toe-knuckle bearings. You'll be glad you did.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Thank all! Bearings ordered.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
All GTs have the PP toe link, so don't bother with that. It would be a good idea to do the Toe knuckle bearing kit, however. No NVH change, and more predictable rear end.
But he has a non-PP. I thought only PP cars got the PP toe links. I ask because I have a GT convertible with 50th anniversary package and is non-PP. I am thinking of getting the toe links and knuckle bearing.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
But he has a non-PP. I thought only PP cars got the PP toe links. I ask because I have a GT convertible with 50th anniversary package and is non-PP. I am thinking of getting the toe links and knuckle bearing.
I'll repeat: all GTs get the PP toe link.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
BmacIL is right. There is nothing different about the "PP" toe link than what is already on all GTs. The knuckle bearing is the thing you want. None of the cars come with them, but Ford Performance puts them in their track handling package. And I like to think they did so for a good reason.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
But, at least from a PP to Track Pack perspective, they are arguably the hardest part of the Track Pack installation.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
FYI the bearing in the toe link is the same bearing as the knuckle to toe link bearing (see pic for part numbers). The toe links can be cannibalized for the bearing if you find or have an extra set because all s550 toe links have that bearing. The second picture is my stock non-PP 300A GT arms which show the same bearing as the FP Track Handling pack toe link bearings.

37038668170_99148f13d1_b.jpg
IRS mods by MikeD, on Flickr

36403572162_166edf82f1_b.jpg
IRS mods by MikeD, on Flickr

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, so is there a difference or no?

What about V6 and Eco cars? Do they all get the same toe link? What about the bearing? I've got a set of the M-5A460-M waiting for install eventually.

Or is the above only talking about the toe link side of things using the same as the knuckle side?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, so is there a difference or no?

What about V6 and Eco cars? Do they all get the same toe link? What about the bearing? I've got a set of the M-5A460-M waiting for install eventually.

Or is the above only talking about the toe link side of things using the same as the knuckle side?
Non PP Eco and V6 cars do not have the PP toe link, so you would want both.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I replace my toe-knuckle also with the frpp one. Nice upgrade over the stock.
Sponsored