Sponsored

Do I need alignment after wheel and tire change from pp1 to 275/305?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
does the car need an alignment after the 255/275 tires and pp1 wheels changed to sve sp2 wheels. I was under the impression it’s unnecessary. Any one?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
does the car need an alignment after the 255/275 tires and pp1 wheels changed to sve sp2 wheels. I was under the impression it’s unnecessary. Any one?
Any time you're changing tires it's a good idea to get an alignment.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any time you're changing tires it's a good idea to get an alignment.
Yes because you wanna make sure there’s even wear. But my tires were aligned a month ago. My question is more from a technical spec point. Meaning will the offset change the alignment. Either way I’m getting the alignment checked now.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Oh, I see what you mean. You must be concerned more with if they will fit without any changes to the alignment. I don't think you will need to, but maybe somebody else chime in.

Edit: No the offset won't change the alignment. It should change the scrub radius though I believe.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Offset and wheel widths may have a very minor effect on alignment. The mechanical suspension geometry shouldn't change but the forces and leverages which leans on the suspension joints will change a little with different offsets and widths. This can cause bushings to deflect to different amounts but I don't think the changes are significant in my limited experience. If you had a good alignment done a month ago, I'd skip it.

The disclaimer to check alignments when you change wheels is a good recommendation for those who don't get an alignment done very often (or ever).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Offset and wheel widths may have a very minor effect on alignment. The mechanical suspension geometry shouldn't change but the forces and leverages which leans on the suspension joints will change a little with different offsets and widths. This can cause bushings to deflect to different amounts but I don't think the changes are significant in my limited experience. If you had a good alignment done a month ago, I'd skip it.

The disclaimer to check alignments when you change wheels is a good recommendation for those who don't get an alignment done very often (or ever).
Yeah so I checked. And it was slightly very minimally off and was basically told leave it for now. Correct it next month when I come in for more work. To do all in one shot since I will be adjusting my suspension with more upgrades which would then require an alignment again most likely.

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
Man I'd need an alignment twice a week if I did it every time I changed wheels...
Sponsored