Sponsored

DIY Whipple on a budget (of sorts).

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah it goes off great like hanging on to your lass when you tell her , her sister is better..... :)

just need to sort this hesitation out. Alex F is the guy that did mine I'm seriously considering grabbing an sctx4 though and getting aed or pbd to have a shot at it if lund are unwilling to try to fix it themselves. Its either that or I splash out on the hp tuners software and i'll just do it myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
yeah it goes off great like hanging on to your lass when you tell her , her sister is better..... :)

just need to sort this hesitation out. Alex F is the guy that did mine I'm seriously considering grabbing an sctx4 though and getting aed or pbd to have a shot at it if lund are unwilling to try to fix it themselves. Its either that or I splash out on the hp tuners software and i'll just do it myself.
I’m actually looking at the logs myself right now. I have a theory but I’ll wait for my mate to have a look before I make a comment.
I don’t think it’d be that simple that a numpty like me can see it that easily :shrug:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I hear Alex F (who I think is awesome BTW) constantly saying “talk to your tuner” and he’s 100% correct.
We need to give them every opportunity to do something about it.
Having said that, I’m happy to discuss tuning issues on a forum BEFORE it’s resolved so that others can see that sometimes there can be glitches along the way. They also get to see the resolutions in real time.
If everyone just sweeps it under the mat, nobody learns a damn thing.

If we were coming on here saying “don’t use Lund cos my tune wasn’t PERFECT straight out of the box” that’d be VERY different. :crazy:

I’m confident that it’ll get sorted. It’s what they do.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am going really basic here but do you have a full tank of fresh gas?

Seeing any positve KR values? That's the only time mine has done anything like you guys are describing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am going really basic here but do you have a full tank of fresh gas?

Seeing any positve KR values? That's the only time mine has done anything like you guys are describing.
Fresh fuel this morning. I only see negative values in the knock table.
Max negative of 3.5 degrees
It doesn’t appear to be pulling timing anywhere :shrug:

In all fairness to the guys at Lund, they haven’t even seen this log yet.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

After having driven mine a fair bit today it seems to me that the issue is at it’s worst after a heap of pulls. Do you find the same?
What sort of CHT do you see? IAT?
My CHT seems to fluctuate from 96-101, IAT from 40-45.
The power doesn’t seem to drop away at all but the hesitation/stumble seems to get worse.

The other thing I see is that Whipple had some issues with “some” of the bypass valves. The original fix was a restrictor inserted into the hose that connects to the bypass actuator. :shrug:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
After having driven mine a fair bit today it seems to me that the issue is at it’s worst after a heap of pulls. Do you find the same?
What sort of CHT do you see? IAT?
My CHT seems to fluctuate from 96-101, IAT from 40-45.
The power doesn’t seem to drop away at all but the hesitation/stumble seems to get worse.

The other thing I see is that Whipple had some issues with “some” of the bypass valves. The original fix was a restrictor inserted into the hose that connects to the bypass actuator. :shrug:
CHT pretty solid at 97
IAT when driving sit around 30 but rapidly climb when stationary but it is quite warm here at the moment :)

I don't really do pulls as such its more just in general driving when ever I want to get on it and open it up ie: overtaking or just traffic finally clearing.

Alex F may say talk to your tuner but he won't do me any more revisions as he says from the data its fine all he did was give me one with much more aggressive throttle which is lovely if I was at the track but its undriveable on the road.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
CHT pretty solid at 97
IAT when driving sit around 30 but rapidly climb when stationary but it is quite warm here at the moment :)

I don't really do pulls as such its more just in general driving when ever I want to get on it and open it up ie: overtaking or just traffic finally clearing.

Alex F may say talk to your tuner but he won't do me any more revisions as he says from the data its fine all he did was give me one with much more aggressive throttle which is lovely if I was at the track but its undriveable on the road.
Please PM me for my email address. I need you to log your car when it’s doing this shit. Only need about 10 seconds of data.
Start the log, boot it, stop log.
I’ve worked out what appears to be a big part of it, possibly all of it. :clap2:
Prepare yourself for some completely ridiculous skids. :headbang:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to hear the solution!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION]
I took a look at your logs (as best as I could) and I can’t see the same issue replicating itself. Having said that, from what I could see, you were kind of rolling into WOT rather than just mashing the pedal to the floor... also, I’m not sure that the issue was even present during that particular log that I was viewing...
I suggest capturing a short log where the issue is definitely present.

In the mean time, on looking at mine more critically, it seems that my “issue” may actually be Lund’s way of protecting the car whilst the logging/review process is in its infancy.
If so, it’s actually quite clever. Well played in fact. :first:

I’ll just leave them to do their thing before I get too worried about it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
depending on which log it may have been a roll in to throttle but you're right when i roll it it doesn't happy its just when you jump on and mash it. I didn't get chance to get out last night maybe tonight i'll get out there.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
depending on which log it may have been a roll in to throttle but you're right when i roll it it doesn't happy its just when you jump on and mash it. I didn't get chance to get out last night maybe tonight i'll get out there.
Out of interest, what is the octane rating of the fuel you put through it usually? The logs show that your timing is a little more than we might expect to see over here. Makes me curious.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You mean because it adds like 20+ degrees ? :)

its Shell Vpower equiv of 93 oct the yanks have.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You mean because it adds like 20+ degrees ? :)

its Shell Vpower equiv of 93 oct the yanks have.
I have a suddden dislike of you and your superior fuel :paddle:
Yes, 20+ degrees from the deep end.
Twat. :cheers:
Sponsored