DIY MyColor center cluster install

CRO55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT
for the PP gauges are they all Mycolor compatible or do I gotta find Premium PP gauges?
Sponsored

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
for the PP gauges are they all Mycolor compatible or do I gotta find Premium PP gauges?
Eco and GT are both mycolor compatible. The GT350 ones are not. Speedo clusters have to be premium (15-17) i believe 18 and up are all mycolor capable if I remember correctly.

CRO55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
I’m trying to obtain the premium gauge cluster and was informed by 1 Ford dealer where I ordered the part they won’t do it unless the car is at location(In another state) Spoke with another Ford dealer and they said they can’t order it cause when they do the VIN number is gonna be a problem. Any ideas? i have a manual 2017 GT Base. Also if anyone has 1 for sale that would solve it too.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I’m trying to obtain the premium gauge cluster and was informed by 1 Ford dealer where I ordered the part they won’t do it unless the car is at location(In another state) Spoke with another Ford dealer and they said they can’t order it cause when they do the VIN number is gonna be a problem. Any ideas? i have a manual 2017 GT Base. Also if anyone has 1 for sale that would solve it too.
I have a manual 2017 GT Premium cluster available.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fs-2017-mustang-gt-premium-6mt-cluster-90.171201/

CRO55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Completed! Very easy install using the Youtube video from usspeedo .
Credits also to Brian_S550 for the cluster. Was skeptical at first because the part number was different then this guide but it worked. I have Base PP 2017 and plugged in the PP gauges I had they changed as well. Only thing I had to change in Forscan was the Odometer which took a bit because I must have got a faulty cord or usb to OBD2 device but it finally worked. My original mileage was 26871 which I entered into Forscan but it came out to 26869.4 lol. Also for some reason Check engine light came on but went away after I started car.
Took some pictures here when I first tested it before changing miles. Very happy with it!
96510B9A-C8DC-47FD-806E-46072A6A4B34.jpeg

4AC8D066-0977-445F-85E9-14EAAD220B50.jpeg

Sponsored

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys I need HELP. I’m looking to buy a premium cluster off of eBay but none of the listing show if it’s mycolor or premium!! How do I find out if it has mycolor in it?? They give out part number but I can’t seem to find if it’s premium or not

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Hey guys I need HELP. I’m looking to buy a premium cluster off of eBay but none of the listing show if it’s mycolor or premium!! How do I find out if it has mycolor in it?? They give out part number but I can’t seem to find if it’s premium or not
If you're looking for a 2018+ cluster, they added in a little plastic halo light ring that goes around the outer edge of the speed/tachometer. Even if the cluster isn't lit up, you can usually see the ring in the picture. Another way to tell regardless of year is the overlay that covers up the lights on the cluster is completely flat (like in the video preview seen in the post above yours), non-my color clusters will have a ridge in the same spot the halo ring would be in.

Here's a link to one that is a 18+ premium cluster, you can see the halo ring at the top of the tach and speedometer. 2018-2021 Ford Mustang Instrument Cluster Speedometer | eBay

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you're looking for a 2018+ cluster, they added in a little plastic halo light ring that goes around the outer edge of the speed/tachometer. Even if the cluster isn't lit up, you can usually see the ring in the picture. Another way to tell regardless of year is the overlay that covers up the lights on the cluster is completely flat (like in the video preview seen in the post above yours), non-my color clusters will have a ridge in the same spot the halo ring would be in.

Here's a link to one that is a 18+ premium cluster, you can see the halo ring at the top of the tach and speedometer. 2018-2021 Ford Mustang Instrument Cluster Speedometer | eBay
Would these be it??
1ED129A4-D067-443C-9EC4-F8DE398928AA.jpeg
1D6C90D8-7179-4737-B07E-C2903FB26260.jpeg

Sponsored

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Completed! Very easy install using the Youtube video from usspeedo .
Credits also to Brian_S550 for the cluster. Was skeptical at first because the part number was different then this guide but it worked. I have Base PP 2017 and plugged in the PP gauges I had they changed as well. Only thing I had to change in Forscan was the Odometer which took a bit because I must have got a faulty cord or usb to OBD2 device but it finally worked. My original mileage was 26871 which I entered into Forscan but it came out to 26869.4 lol. Also for some reason Check engine light came on but went away after I started car.
Took some pictures here when I first tested it before changing miles. Very happy with it!
96510B9A-C8DC-47FD-806E-46072A6A4B34.jpeg

4AC8D066-0977-445F-85E9-14EAAD220B50.jpeg
I just ordered a premium cluster for my 2019 GT what did you change in forscan to edit the mileage?? I will be needing to this this once the part gets here

CRO55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a premium cluster for my 2019 GT what did you change in forscan to edit the mileage?? I will be needing to this this once the part gets here
Check out the start of this thread it tells you all about it. You download Forscan snd get a trial premium license. You also need a OBD2 usb yo plug into a laptop. Be careful changing mileage and I would drive your car so it gives even mileage. example 21,344.0. Not 22,344.7. Not sure if it really matters but I just like to have thr miles closely match wherever else the miles are saved in the computer. Also Forscan won’t let your edit anything less then a mile.On another note make sure the dash your buying has lower mileage then your current one. Can only add mileage not subtract eithout bringing it to someone for a lot of money

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Check out the start of this thread it tells you all about it. You download Forscan snd get a trial premium license. You also need a OBD2 usb yo plug into a laptop. Be careful changing mileage and I would drive your car so it gives even mileage. example 21,344.0. Not 22,344.7. On another note make sure the dash your buying has lower mileage then your current one. Can only add mileage not subtract eithout bringing it to someone for a lot of money
Yeah I bought it with 3k less miles than I do and will def leave it at xxxxx.0 miles thanks for the info!
Sponsored