fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you change the vin number in the new cluster to match the old one? Line lock works after you drive for awhile after the car is turned on otherwise it will be greyed out at first.
I haven’t changed the VIN on the cluster. I was concerned that I would lose the Mycolor functionality. I’ll definitely put in VIN in and see what happens with line lock.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kahboom

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I changed my vin for the cluster to match mine vin and it didn't affect MyColor at all

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I changed my vin for the cluster to match mine vin and it didn't affect MyColor at all
My Ecoboost abs doesn't have the firmware for line lock. I need to buy a used GT abs/pump, install, bleed the brake system, and then I can enable it with Forscan.

Sponsored

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of any Forscan as-built values that will allow Mycolor to work during daylight ( essentially disabling the light sensor on the dash )? Obviously I could just put tape over the sensor, but I would rather disable it with Forscan if that is possible.

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone know of any Forscan as-built values that will allow Mycolor to work during daylight ( essentially disabling the light sensor on the dash )? Obviously I could just put tape over the sensor, but I would rather disable it with Forscan if that is possible.
Have been reading to try and find that answer myself...so far haven't found anything that says it's possible.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
I posted these questions in another area but didn't get any response....That being said, maybe it's better to repost here.....

So I just purchased a premium "My Color" cluster from a member on the forum. For those of you that have done the swap, a few questions. The cluster is from a 2017 GT to be used in my 2018 GT. I don't anticipate the different model year being a problem, correct? (The gauge cluster is for an auto which my car is.)

I want to have the mileage corrected as my Mustang only has 3K. What service did you guy's use to correct the miles? When the mileage is corrected they can then associate the VIN with the new gauge cluster?

I don't have Forscan and will need to figure out a way to edit out the premium features. Will it be a problem to put the new gauge cluster in without immediately updating with Forscan?

The airbag doesn't need to come out to install the new gauges?

I really wanted to do the digital dash conversion. Having just added long tubes and cats and with a custom dyno tune coming up this week..Kinda need to scale back a little! LOL!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I posted these questions in another area but didn't get any response....That being said, maybe it's better to repost here.....

So I just purchased a premium "My Color" cluster from a member on the forum. For those of you that have done the swap, a few questions. The cluster is from a 2017 GT to be used in my 2018 GT. I don't anticipate the different model year being a problem, correct? (The gauge cluster is for an auto which my car is.)

I want to have the mileage corrected as my Mustang only has 3K. What service did you guy's use to correct the miles? When the mileage is corrected they can then associate the VIN with the new gauge cluster?

I don't have Forscan and will need to figure out a way to edit out the premium features. Will it be a problem to put the new gauge cluster in without immediately updating with Forscan?

The airbag doesn't need to come out to install the new gauges?

I really wanted to do the digital dash conversion. Having just added long tubes and cats and with a custom dyno tune coming up this week..Kinda need to scale back a little! LOL!

Thanks in advance!
im no expert but i just did a my color swap in my 16 so i will try to answer what i can for you.
the 18s swap into the 15-17s no prob so i guess they would work the other way
i believe a lot of people use odo-pro.com for odometer changes although google comes up with a few places all around 85 bucks or so.
not sure if the vin is kept in the actual cluster itself.
airbag does not have to be removed. googling mustang gauge removal or cluster removal i found a video, fairly simple,
now with all that said,,,,,forscan allows you to change the odometer on 15-17s but only to add mileage not lessen it.
also with an older cluster you will lose some features like the digital speedo and you will not have the halo rings around your gauges as well as the my color....
and finally i may be wrong but i read somewhere on these forums that the 18 and 19 clusters just need the my color option turned on in forscan because they all have the capability. not positive about this but the 18 i purchased was listed as coming from a base car but actually did have my color when i installed it.
these forums are full of incredibly knowledgeable people and hopefully someone chimes in for you. but for now i hope i gave you at least a little insight.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im no expert but i just did a my color swap in my 16 so i will try to answer what i can for you.
the 18s swap into the 15-17s no prob so i guess they would work the other way
i believe a lot of people use odo-pro.com for odometer changes although google comes up with a few places all around 85 bucks or so.
not sure if the vin is kept in the actual cluster itself.
airbag does not have to be removed. googling mustang gauge removal or cluster removal i found a video, fairly simple,
now with all that said,,,,,forscan allows you to change the odometer on 15-17s but only to add mileage not lessen it.
also with an older cluster you will lose some features like the digital speedo and you will not have the halo rings around your gauges as well as the my color....
and finally i may be wrong but i read somewhere on these forums that the 18 and 19 clusters just need the my color option turned on in forscan because they all have the capability. not positive about this but the 18 i purchased was listed as coming from a base car but actually did have my color when i installed it.
these forums are full of incredibly knowledgeable people and hopefully someone chimes in for you. but for now i hope i gave you at least a little insight.
Thank you for the informative reply! I couldn't find any info related to Forscan being able to turn on MyColor on an 18 cluster. That's really interesting though. Wish someone could confirm!

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally all up and running!
20190610_143817.jpg

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris