Sponsored

DIY Adaptive Cruise Control (I'm Looking for info)

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
Yeah no problem, shoot me a PM and I can help with whatever
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I've also successfully added ACC and have all my notes if you have any questions
I'm wondering how involved the retrofit is. I am comfortable with working with wiring but I'd rather not cut or splice into harnesses too much. How much of this is tapping/cutting/splicing? I know it's not "plug and play" in the general sense, but I'm wondering how much custom work is necessary.

Thanks.

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
The adaptive cruise radar up front is 4 wires (12v, ground, & HS2 CAN high and low) and the HUD underneath the windshield is the exact same 4 wires, so 8 total. None of the those 8 are existing however their sources are nearby. The steering wheel buttons just plug into the exact harness inside the wheel, they just need reprogramming via the SCCM. The bracket for the radar mounts into existing holes and when you replace the defroster grille the HUD clips in easily as well.

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
I would like to have ACC in my car, but honestly i understand nothing about this process. :(

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible

Sponsored

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Has anybody figured out a hardware/FORSCAN mod to make 2015-2017 S550's adaptive cruise control stop and go and not cut out at 12mph?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Has anybody figured out a hardware/FORSCAN mod to make 2015-2017 S550's adaptive cruise control stop and go and not cut out at 12mph?
Sadly this is not possible. That would require the next generation ACC.

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Sie ghets? Bummer, not having the full utility of the system makes ACC much less useful to me since I often deal with stop and go traffic. How is your ACC working on the A99 and the autobahn in general?

RussM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is something I'm looking into doing also. I have most of the parts readily available. If you already have BLIS installed is the ACC easier to install?

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Sie ghets? Bummer, not having the full utility of the system makes ACC much less useful to me since I often deal with stop and go traffic. How is your ACC working on the A99 and the autobahn in general?
This is something I'm looking into doing also. I have most of the parts readily available. If you already have BLIS installed is the ACC easier to install?
Russ,
Yes, much easier. I used the posts by hro0250 to lead me through it. Send me a PM and I'll be glad to share my experiences with you.
Sponsored