Sponsored

DIY 18' manifold swap into 15-17'

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Negative. That's looking at the plug dead on with the wires coming out the back.
Ok thats good clarification for everyone without the PNP harness. Just trying to make sure we have all the details 100% since people are still having issues.

With all the 'its the wiring' coming from the tuners, we just want to make sure our end is covered :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Ok installed my 18 manifold(using this guide was a lifesaver) but my tuner (trevor at pbd)says my imrcs arent acting they should... no cel... help :(

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Welcome to the club. I’m starting to think that these things might be Side specific. Is anybody able to test this out? I’m on the edge of ordering lock out plates or pulling the intake and swapping the cables my fingers are too fat to get behind there with the intake installed LOL.

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Welcome to the club. I’m starting to think that these things might be Side specific. Is anybody able to test this out? I’m on the edge of ordering lock out plates or pulling the intake and swapping the cables my fingers are too fat to get behind there with the intake installed LOL.
Thanks.. i wish it was as plug and play as hellhorse made it sound lol..
I think im going to try that tonight... trevor said to unplug them and send a wot log too so i have to go back there anyway

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
The harnesses are not side specific, but the tune logic is definitely side specific.

Slope and intercept on the imrc's are inverse of eachother on bank 2.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The harnesses are not side specific, but the tune logic is definitely side specific.

Slope and intercept on the imrc's are inverse of eachother on bank 2.
Makes sense. Well I gave up and have mmr lockouts arriving tomorrow. Anyone have some photos on how to delete the vacuum lines?

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Just got mine in and she runs great. Its raining so I cant do much more than put around but I dont notice a difference at all in low end grunt stop light to stop light and cruises in 5th and 6th wonderfully. Double and triple checked the wiring and did my best to keep the vacuum lines clean and secure. Gonna drive it more later and then hope to get some logs the second it dries out enough that I can hammer on it some!

Thanks to all that have contributed to making this swap as easy as it is. Anyone with the slightest bit of mechanical common sense can do this swap using the info found on this thread and the awesome wiring solutions from fellow members of the forum!

Matt
18 manifold swap.jpg

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something rather interesting I noticed. My friend’s 2018 mustang has that little black cap Still on the back solenoid were the blue plug goes into. But I noticed in this write up and all of us we are uncapping and plugging it in for a vacuum. Are we supposed to do that? Is that why am getting a code?

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I spoke too soon. After 80 miles a CEL popped up, P2007.

I pulled the black cap and plumbed a vacuum line to it. Can someone confirm if this is right? Especially after hearing about the 18 having it still capped!

Matt

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
i got p2006 and didnt have it plumb in so decided why not cant hurt
now its plumb and still getting p2006 re routed and everything
gave lund logs so hopefully its fixable other wise block off it is cause the frustration is high already

Sponsored

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Makes sense. Well I gave up and have mmr lockouts arriving tomorrow. Anyone have some photos on how to delete the vacuum lines?
Im 2 seconds away from doing this... im gonna recheck my vaccum lines tomorrow.. if thats not it im saying fuckit and locking them out

MarcusH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2016 Mustang gt
Blowbyracing offers a plug and play that looks like its actually what is says I just ordered...hoping to post next week sometime mine finding and progress on install
2018 Mustang Manifold Plug & Play IMRC Adapter Harnesses
http://blowbyracing.com/20mumaplplim.html

Isstuntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
16 PP GT
Blowbyracing offers a plug and play that looks like its actually what is says I just ordered...hoping to post next week sometime mine finding and progress on install
2018 Mustang Manifold Plug & Play IMRC Adapter Harnesses
http://blowbyracing.com/20mumaplplim.html
Make sure to get the y connector for the blue plugs.. theres only 1 on the 18 manifold

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
so cap the port in the end and the vacuum 1 on front?
Sponsored