• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Disabling Auto Start Stop permanently?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
As you implying the epa emission reduction efforts can be bypassed simply by a wiggle of the wheel?
That's how the FORScan mod works for the F150.

P.S. - F da EPA.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just set up your custom mode to have start/stop turned off and as long as you drive that way you won't have to think about it. I don't even manually turn it off since I switch to custom every time I pull out of the parking lot.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I have the S/S system and even with all the parameters meet, it has not shutdown. I can turn it on and off with the switch.
Odd.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the S/S system and even with all the parameters meet, it has not shutdown. I can turn it on and off with the switch.
Odd.
That is sometimes a sign of low battery voltage. If it's too low, ASS won't operate.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just set up your custom mode to have start/stop turned off and as long as you drive that way you won't have to think about it. I don't even manually turn it off since I switch to custom every time I pull out of the parking lot.
The biggest crybabies are those who don't want to have to "push a button" to disable ASS. Some would consider "switching to custom mode (with ASS disabled)" no different.

Is your custom mode set to Sport or something else that doesn't allow ASS to occur? Because I don't recall being able to disable ASS on it's own as part of a custom mode.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
The biggest crybabies are those who don't want to have to "push a button" to disable ASS. Some would consider "switching to custom mode (with ASS disabled)" no different.

Is your custom mode set to Sport or something else that doesn't allow ASS to occur? Because I don't recall being able to disable ASS on it's own as part of a custom mode.
Sport and I believe Track mode automatically shut off ASS.

In custom mode it is a setting that can be set to permanently turn off ASS in that mode regardless of base config. But yes, using custom still means you need to press a button every time you get in the car.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
Auto start/stop sucks! And I really hate this statement from the owners manual. Why can this not be permanently turned off!!! I hate this feature!

-Can I permanently switch the system off?
No. The system plays an important role in reducing the fuel consumption and the CO2 emissions.
The Start/Stop is very simple to by pass.
Once you are at a Stop light etc.
When the Engine shuts off. Take your foot off the Brake pedal & immediately back on the brake pedal.
Your engine will not shut off again while you are Stopped.
Today in traffic my Stop/Start didn’t come on again.
I’m still experimenting with different techniques to try and trick the system..

Reactions: Zig

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Auto Start/Stop is one of the options in custom mode (thank you Ford!). I have my drive mode set to normal, steering sport, exhaust sport, traction control on, auto start/stop off, and instrument cluster set to normal. Basically I like the "normal" diving mode most of the time, but prefer sport steering and exhaust.

I have another thread about my instrument cluster being stuck, or defaulting to, sport mode every time for some reason. Not sure what that's happening. So even if I put it in custom mode I have to go and manually change the instrument cluster to normal. Hopefully Ford gets this bug figured out.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Auto Start/Stop is one of the options in custom mode (thank you Ford!). I have my drive mode set to normal, steering sport, exhaust sport, traction control on, auto start/stop off, and instrument cluster set to normal. Basically I like the "normal" diving mode most of the time, but prefer sport steering and exhaust.

I have another thread about my instrument cluster being stuck, or defaulting to, sport mode every time for some reason. Not sure what that's happening. So even if I put it in custom mode I have to go and manually change the instrument cluster to normal. Hopefully Ford gets this bug figured out.
Well darn, if that’s the case (a settable option in a retrievable mode) that is a half decent compromise. Although i understand that ‘sport’ mode will disable it anyway but if all other settings being normal and the only disabled setting in custom is auto stop (lol stop stopping but anyway) and it doesn’t activate (and it’s supposed to - not in need of the ssm repair) then it might as well be considered a ‘nanny’.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well darn, if that’s the case (a settable option in a retrievable mode) that is a half decent compromise. Although i understand that ‘sport’ mode will disable it anyway but if all other settings being normal and the only disabled setting in custom is auto stop (lol stop stopping but anyway) and it doesn’t activate (and it’s supposed to - not in need of the ssm repair) then it might as well be considered a ‘nanny’.
Sport drive mode will disable it, but I don't think sport steering or exhaust alone will. Custom mode is a great way to drive in normal mode and disable the start/stop at the same time. Like I said, I don't bother hitting the auto start/stop button anymore since I always go to custom mode as soon as get going.

Reactions: Zig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Start/Stop is very simple to by pass.
Once you are at a Stop light etc.
When the Engine shuts off. Take your foot off the Brake pedal & immediately back on the brake pedal.
Your engine will not shut off again while you are Stopped.
Today in traffic my Stop/Start didn’t come on again.
I’m still experimenting with different techniques to try and trick the system..
That happens to me all the time when I inadvertently let my foot up after stopping, but it's only good for that stop. It doesn't turn ASS off completely for the entirety of the ignition cycle.

When people say "bypass" or "disable" the ASS, they mean: I want to be able to do NOTHING differently and have it be off all the time across ignition cycles. The only way you're doing that is with an ASS eliminator or FORScan mod (when available).

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
How fast after pushing the start button can you push the auto start/stop button to work?
Can you just hit them one after another and it will register the change even before the whole system and displays have booted up?

(per manual, if the button is lit it should mean it's turned off).

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just push the button lol
In all my years, I never understood why some folks make such a huge deal out of doing that ... 😆
Sponsored