Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Also, what is the reason you want them off? As @StangTime posted in the other thread, if your looking to use the radio with no lights on you can just push the power button in the center stack.
Cause I don’t to draw attention to myself while I’m a parking lot with my girlfriend lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
And yes I mean the tri bar lights. And I guess you can’t turn them off at all. They just turn on automatically when you turn the car on.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You make me laugh.
All I was trying to do is explain anything having to do with turning off the DRLs will not turn off the tribar lights. Seriously, what is your problem?
And you now know in some jurisdictions the tri bars are legally DRL's.
If you had read the thread and had reading comprehension skills you would have known he was asking about the tri bars.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to be able to turn the damn things off too.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
And yes I mean the tri bar lights. And I guess you can’t turn them off at all. They just turn on automatically when you turn the car on.
I understood what you meant, but most of the suggestions were for turning off the DRLs. I was just trying to emphasis that while they may act like DRLs, and maybe are legally DRLs " in some jurisdictions", Ford and the cars settings dont treat them as DRLs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I understood what you meant, but most of the suggestions were for turning off the DRLs. I was just trying to emphasis that while they may act like DRLs, and maybe are legally DRLs " in some jurisdictions", Ford and the cars settings dont treat them as DRLs.
Golf clap.

Nice back peddle.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
The tri bars are hardwired to come on when the ignition is hot (at least on the 2016 US version).

One member mentioned a way to disable the tri bars, but I believe it required messing with the actual wiring. I didn't want to turn mine off so I didn't pay much attention to how he was able to do it. And I think it was an all-or-nothing change.

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
The tri bars are hardwired to come on when the ignition is hot (at least on the 2016 US version).

One member mentioned a way to disable the tri bars, but I believe it required messing with the actual wiring. I didn't want to turn mine off so I didn't pay much attention to how he was able to do it. And I think it was an all-or-nothing change.
That might have been me on my 2016 GT350 as I believe we exchanged a few messages, I disabled them via wiring because they didn't match the OPT7 parking/drl lights I installed.

To the OP, as you've read, there is not a way to do it via Forscan that I or anyone has figured out that I'm aware of. I was able to use Forscan to add the DRL check box in the cluster and enable parking lights, or headlights, etc, just like on my F150, but since the fins are not drl's, they cannot be controlled like that. The hardwire thing is really easy and involves a diode and removing one (or both) of the wires (one is for bright and one is for dim) that control the fins in the main headlight harness. Nothing has to be cut. I did a similar mod to my GT500 so that the fins stay bright all the time and do not dim with the parking circuit. But as @Grimmer said, its an all or nothing thing, i.e. they are either always off, or always on, or on with the parking circuit. Anything else would require a relay as well.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Something I just thought of, if you really want to be able to turn them off and dont mind spending some time and money, is Diode Dynamics LED board. I had their demon eye kit in my 2015. If I remember correctly, they are completely controllable through their app, including off.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Something I just thought of, if you really want to be able to turn them off and dont mind spending some time and money, is Diode Dynamics LED board. I had their demon eye kit in my 2015. If I remember correctly, they are completely controllable through their app, including off.
Sure, but you need to pull the headlight assemblies, melt the butyl rubber holding the lens covers to the housings by baking them (290F or higher), pry the covers off, take the housings apart, swap the boards, reassemble the housings, then glue the covers back on.

Much as I am interested in them, I'm not THAT interested.

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
That might have been me on my 2016 GT350 as I believe we exchanged a few messages, I disabled them via wiring because they didn't match the OPT7 parking/drl lights I installed.

To the OP, as you've read, there is not a way to do it via Forscan that I or anyone has figured out that I'm aware of. I was able to use Forscan to add the DRL check box in the cluster and enable parking lights, or headlights, etc, just like on my F150, but since the fins are not drl's, they cannot be controlled like that. The hardwire thing is really easy and involves a diode and removing one (or both) of the wires (one is for bright and one is for dim) that control the fins in the main headlight harness. Nothing has to be cut. I did a similar mod to my GT500 so that the fins stay bright all the time and do not dim with the parking circuit. But as @Grimmer said, its an all or nothing thing, i.e. they are either always off, or always on, or on with the parking circuit. Anything else would require a relay as well.
I’m interested in making them always bright, would like the details on that. Perhaps in a DM to avoid making this thread even more messy?

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
Message sent
Sponsored