Sponsored

Diode Dynamics glove box LED blown fuse?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Sub'd
Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I just installed led on the map lights, trunk, back up and vanity mirrors.... The glovebox I saved it for last since I know is gonna be a pain... Any suggestions on an easier way to do it? Btw no fuses blown as of now
I got the opposite. The glove box went just fine, the passenger mirror light popped the fuse. :frusty:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I just did my entire interior except one vanity light - the drivers side right bulb to be exact. For some reason it has no power but all the other lights in the car are on. Looking at the schematic shown earlier its a common fuse so it doesnt look like the fuse? I insert one of the incandescent bulbs into the drivers side right vanity bulb and nothing, inserted known good LED into it and nothing again.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I just did my entire interior except one vanity light - the drivers side right bulb to be exact. For some reason it has no power but all the other lights in the car are on. Looking at the schematic shown earlier its a common fuse so it doesnt look like the fuse? I insert one of the incandescent bulbs into the drivers side right vanity bulb and nothing, inserted known good LED into it and nothing again.
It's possible that the metal pins aren't making contact with the metal tabs inside the socket. If you need more troubleshooting tips, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
Just had this happen to me. After attempting to replace the glove box bulb, the glove box and trunk light no longer work. Looks like I have to replace 10 amp #1 fuse? Are the fuses from Advanced Auto trustworthy and accurate? Or should I pick up one from the Ford dealer? I've just heard rumor that non OEM fuses aren't always safe because they don't always blow when they are supposed to. Thoughts??

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I posted this on your other thread as well.

You need micro2 fuses, and not everyplace carries them. When I did the same thing you did, I tried Advance, Autozone, and Napa with no luck. I finally found them at O'Reilly's. You may want to call to keep from driving all over.

Here is what I got that have worked great:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...18_2092&keyword=micro+fuse&pt=N1183&ppt=C0172

I've also seen these on Amazon.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I too had this happen when installing a glove box led and O'Reilly has the fuse you need. It's not Diode Dynamics' issue, it's a socket design issue. As others have stated, you can temporarily swap in the 15A #5 spare fuse for the 10A fuse in position #1.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I too had this happen when installing a glove box led and O'Reilly has the fuse you need. It's not Diode Dynamics' issue, it's a socket design issue. As others have stated, you can temporarily swap in the 15A #5 spare fuse for the 10A fuse in position #1.
Sorry to necro. I got the same assortment kit but the red 10amp fuse is too small for the 10amp one in the fuse box. I don't think it is micro2. Will check tomorrow during daylight but pretty sure it did NOT fit.:confused::confused:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Any news on the Badges??
Sponsored