Sponsored

Digital Instrument Cluster in Convertible --- Readable in Sun Glare?

OP
OP
Bobby57

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Ford Part Number: JR3Z-10890-JA When I bought it was $14.00 from Autonation plus shipping... Here is a link to purchase but more a picture of the unit.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...MI8qHknPXI7gIVqf_ICh1ExQSXEAQYASABEgLOXPD_BwE
This is great. Thank you thank you

Did you take a ForScsn back up of your cluster’s configuration? I saw a post on this site where it was recommended to do this as insurance against a dealership zapping the configuration
Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
This is great. Thank you thank you

Did you take a ForScsn back up of your cluster’s configuration? I saw a post on this site where it was recommended to do this as insurance against a dealership zapping the configuration
Would be recommended, mine is out of warranty so not sure if it will ever see a dealer again or if so it will be with my input since I know my Ford technician very well.

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Nine months of the year I have the top down 90% of the time I'm driving. Never had a problem with readability or glare.

OP
OP
Bobby57

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Nine months of the year I have the top down 90% of the time I'm driving. Never had a problem with readability or glare.
It was actually the sun glare issue that most motivated me to switch from the analog cluster as I would often not be able to make out its very small, low resolution automatic transmission gear indicator when I was shifting with the paddles.

I installed the digital cluster four days ago and I have probably already experienced the worst possible sun glare as comes from a Florida winter's low-lying sun on a clear day. Although the small indicators are, here, also washed out, I have had no difficulty making out the large gear selection, rpm or speed indications --- the important stuff.

I would never want to go back
Sponsored

Reactions: DRB