nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
, yes My car has rev matching. I have a couple of things to try today and will post the results.
After trying a couple of diffrent setting in the IPC no luck, get that menu enabled, going to see if i can find a mustang on a local lot that has digital dash and see if I can figure out something with the ASB data
, yes My car has rev matching. I have a couple of things to try today and will post the results.
Double checked 720-02-01 is 2xxx-xxxx-xxx for Manual so that wasn't it, Also played with 720-09-02 which is were the Digital Tach setting is made, but no luck couldn't get them menu to show up. Found an internet car with manual / digital dash and grabbed its ABD data, maybe something will popout at me, I'll try a bit more today / tomorrow
Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Admire your persistence. I haven't seen a manual digital dash display the gear settings...be cool if you could get this to work.

OP
OP
nrm101

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Admire your persistence. I haven't seen a manual digital dash display the gear settings...be cool if you could get this to work.
I've seen plenty of the cars with them, just goto carguru and filter on gt premiums you will see plenty, I'v taken 2 ABD VIN's for the IPC from these cars and flashed my dash no luck, Only ever get the tach display option on/off "X" never the menu. my car is a 400A with a few other options, starting to think that some other module need to be switch, or adjusted to get this menu display in the IPC, "Stock" cars are 401A with the digital dash.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ha your right...Just found a PP2 via autotrader with digital dash showing the car in neutral. The method you described is exactly how I figured out the "magneride" indicator a month or so back. I compared ABD from a car optioned exactly the same as another except for mangeride. The sole difference in the IPC ABD was the indicator value.

So flashing their ABD into your IPC doesn't work? That's interesting because despite I'm sure several DTC (not having the same options as a 401a car) that the indicator should work for you. Its a longshot but I wonder if there is anything in the SCCM that may need configuring?

OP
OP
nrm101

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ha your right...Just found a PP2 via autotrader with digital dash showing the car in neutral. The method you described is exactly how I figured out the "magneride" indicator a month or so back. I compared ABD from a car optioned exactly the same as another except for mangeride. The sole difference in the IPC ABD was the indicator value.

So flashing their ABD into your IPC doesn't work? That's interesting because despite I'm sure several DTC (not having the same options as a 401a car) that the indicator should work for you. Its a longshot but I wonder if there is anything in the SCCM that may need configuring?
Today i flash the SCCM off the same 401a car, and Nope no luck, but i did notice something, my car has Lane assist, and the 401a car didn't so once i flashed the SCCM of the 401a car the Dash changed (i.e. i lost the lane assist graphics in the MPH "Circle") so seems like atleast the SCCM module does have an influence on the display on the IPC. I'm wondering if there is something in the PCM that enables this Display Settings menu ... hunt continues

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What about comparing ABD for two 401a cars optioned exactly the same except ones a 10r80 car and another MT-82 (with a pic of the dash displaying the gears to ensure it has that value)? I'd expand the ABD outside IPC and SCCM...maybe the entire ABD to see where all the differences lie. That would tell you where the differences are in an auto vs manual car and the lines relevant to a MT-82. You can then focus on those lines from the MT-82 cars ABD and bounce them against your cars ABD.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Did a digital dash upgrade on my 2019 GT Premium everything seems great no issue, but i recently came across a couple Youtube videos where even on the Manuals they showed the GEAR the car was in, does anyone have that ForScan info? Would anyone that has 2019 GT with digital dash be willing to share their As Built Data so I can figure it out? Thanks

Update: so the setting im looking for is typically found as follows... under the Setting Wheel, Display Setup, Tachometer Display, currently on my digital dash its not showing, i only see under Display Setup.... Measurement Units, Temperature, Tire Pressure, ect.
My manual 2018 does not have the display yet some I have seen do, Bullitts certainly have it. it only has or nothingunder advanced settings , meaning a blank screen in the centre of the main tacho. The cars that do have it usually change when gear is selected. The other thing I cannot understand , and perhaps someone on here can help, I do not get the song titles or anything else for that matter at the top of the dash as I have seen on some screen shot on this forum. Can someone enlighten me or is it in the same boat as gear positions a no show. Thanks.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Damn it, I'm stuck just as you. My 2019 PP2 got the digital dash upgrade and the last thing after all the tweaks I wanted, is this. Where is this damn option. Haha. I also only get the checkmark, not the submenu to enable gear. I'm thinking the change is needed elsewhere. I had no luck otherwise, did you ever figure it out? @nrm101

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am guessing this is only an issue for those that "upgraded" to the digital dash? Mine shows the gear selected.

Damn it, I'm stuck just as you. My 2019 PP2 got the digital dash upgrade and the last thing after all the tweaks I wanted, is this. Where is this damn option. Haha. I also only get the checkmark, not the submenu to enable gear. I'm thinking the change is needed elsewhere. I had no luck otherwise, did you ever figure it out? @nrm101

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I am guessing this is only an issue for those that "upgraded" to the digital dash? Mine shows the gear selected.
Seems that way. However, there should be a software tweak with forscan. We really just need to figure out where it needs to be made.

@breeves002 Any idea?

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
nrm101

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, i gave up and just leave the Tach on :(

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Oddly enough I ran into this video today. Google knows I've been looking lol... This is a Manual PP1 car, 2019. And, it HAS the option. (11:39 in in case link doesn't take you to it). It HAS to be something else outside the IPC, or SCCM.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why does this matter AT ALL? In a M6 you obviously know what gear you're in, in the A10 it doesn't freaking matter. All you care about is where the Tach needle is in relation to where you need it to be and paddle shift to get there.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
why does this matter AT ALL? In a M6 you obviously know what gear you're in, in the A10 it doesn't freaking matter. All you care about is where the Tach needle is in relation to where you need it to be and paddle shift to get there.
Because we already have a HUGE tach, and nobody actually looks at the RPM numbers. You fly through the gears at track days. At a glance, it would be handy... It's not that it's required. Obviously we enjoy rowing through gears if we bought the manual.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I sorta have the opposite problem. Installed the digital dash in my 15 AUTO and it shows the gear but my my rpms stay at 0. Never move at all.

Any ideas.
Thanks
Sponsored