Sponsored

Difficulty of seat/interior swap to change colors?

Tremelune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I'm in the market for a 2015-2017 coupe with a clutch pedal, and I've become quite partial to the Saddle interior color. I also like the exterior Guard color, and finding the two together is nigh impossible.

So, I'm wondering how hard it would be to buy one, source front and rear saddle seats, and swap them. Is this a couple of bolts, or is it finicky interior work involving pulling out interior panels?

Another question: Can I swap base cloth seats out for Premium leather seats, or is there more involved in that?

:cheers:
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No idea on the part number for the saddle leather, but I have only seen one set pop up for sale. Black leather is a lot easier to come across, white/ceramic pops up occasionally, but saddle is really rare.

Swapping should be easy enough without pulling panels (I think), should be mostly bolts.

For base to premium, you can swap them but if you the power moving and cooling/heating to work, it's more involved.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I did a oem cloth to oem leather upholstery swap a few months back. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All in, about 6ish hours, taking my time and pictures as I went so I knew how it went back together. Well worth the time and liked that I was able to do it myself.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I wish they had the ceramic option for the 201a/401a packages. I think they really gives a luxury feeling to the car.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Either of the sites I posted above run about $1500 complete for the material and installation professionally done which I feel is a great price.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Easy swap. Did it in a few hours by myself in the garage. Did not do the door panels though. That might be more challenging.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
I did leatherseats.com. Cost me approx $1400 for 100% leather red/black and I paid $400. for install. The install guy said it was difficult to stretch the leather compared to the leather/vinyl mix but I liked the look/smell of 100% :) . I did not see that Katzin sells anything but partial leather on seating areas but its mostly 90% vinyl but its been 3 years so maybe they changed, but worth checking if you want all leather.

Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
New OEM Covers

Blue Oval (on EBay) had new OEM take offs in black leather for $495. Complete set from Roush conversions to their logo covers. Looks like a great price. You could check to see if they have other colors...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
On ebay Shelby starts theirs at $100 plus shipping but open for bids, could get lucky and nab em for a low price there too.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I did a katzkin replacement. Was fairly straightforward.
The door inserts are more difficult. You need to melt the tabs to remove the originals and re-heat them once replaced. I did my seats and hired a guy to do the inserts.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious - when taking out the front seats, do you have to disconnect battery since they are harnessed into airbags?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just curious - when taking out the front seats, do you have to disconnect battery since they are harnessed into airbags?
Most definitely.

It's not guaranteed that the side air-bag will explode in your face, leaving you looking like Rosie O'donnell, but why take the chance?
Sponsored