Sponsored

Different Grilles Explained

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I believe I have solved a mystery that no one has been able to answer Yet, Why We have Seen Different Lower Grilles on both GT's and Eco-Boost cars.

I believe All Mustangs with the Adaptive Cruise Control will get the Lower Grille like the one we've seen on the 50th Anniversary with the Horizontal Bar and Blanked Off Outer Ends which is where the Radar/Sensors are located.

I think Mustangs without Adaptive Cruise Control will recieve Model Specific Lower Grilles.

GT's will get the Honeycomb Grille with the "Fangs" continuing in the Lower Grille like this...

Eco-Boost and V-6 Models will get the "Wavy" Honeycomb Lower Grille to match the Upper.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Nice work, I like the GT grille w/out ACC personally

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
And 50th Anniv package will get you LE like grille, like the one shown in first picture. Adding ACC with that change the lower grille, I guess.

OP
OP
TampaBear67

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I personally like the Matching Upper and Lower Grills whether it's a Eco-Boost or GT. I Want the Wavy Upper and Lower Grills so I guess that rules out the Adaptive Cruise Control for Me.

Sponsored

Dirdle65

Threads
Reaction score
OK, so I understand the honeycomb grill with fangs comes on the GT (50th or not) - got that part. The wavy grill comes on the EB and possible V6? I've also read where only the EB will get the "active" grill while all others are just same old.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I'm not seeing ACC on the order guides, what package or trim does it come on? Is it 401A for the GT? If so then, well I like the fangs in the lower grille. Not that I'm buying one but that would bug me. I would really want 401A for the Shaker Pro.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm not seeing ACC on the order guides, what package or trim does it come on? Is it 401A for the GT? If so then, well I like the fangs in the lower grille. Not that I'm buying one but that would bug me. I would really want 401A for the Shaker Pro.
It's the 52S package...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Same grill story on Taurus & Explorer, for example. This first year of ACC saw just one side of the lower grill capped to cover the sensor, but people complained that it didn't look symmetrical, so Ford put a faux cap on one side to even it up. Looks like Mustangs with ACC is symmetrical from day one on the '15's.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hmz. So all of us V6 and EB buyers who would like to do a GT grill swap better skip the ACC as well, otherwise you can't replace the lower grill and it won't even look half as sweet.

Now personally I don't particularly care for not having ACC, but no rain sensor is a big deal to me. It really really sucks that Ford stuck that with such an expensive and rather useless option.

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Great work Tampa. I think you're right. When I went back to my dealership today to pick up my order confirmation sheet I ran into another buyer who browses this forum. He came to the same conclusion you did when I brought this up to the dealer. At least it's not like the Fusion. I took a look at one with ACC today and it has the lower grill blocked off on the drivers side corner (grill was open on the other side). Definitely sticks out if you know to look for it. At least the Mustang blocked off both corners. That being said I may end up calling the dealer tomorrow and ask him to edit out ACC on my order. I love the fangs too much.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yea that GT looks decidedly odd without the lower fangs... now what I wanna know is if the GT bonnet will fit the EB :D

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I don't need ACC but would love rain sensing wipers. Seems like they should have bundled BLISS with ACC and left the wipers off as a separate option or included them in 401A just my .02