Sponsored

Didn't plan to say goodbye to the stang today.....

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Well, I've been a long time GM guy, but I've also had quite a few Mustangs as well. I traded my 14 GT TP car in on a 15 GT PP after driving the 15 Camaro SS 1LE. They wanted 5k more for the 1LE and interest on the loan where Ford had 0 for 72. No brainer and the Mustang had the much nicer interior and more entertaining engine.
Today I went out and test drove a Camaro 1SS with just the performance exhaust and $200 wheel upgrade. I was blown away by just about every aspect of the car with the exception of visibility (well known) and the looks weren't quite at the S550 level. They gave me such a stupid offer on my Mustang and an even more stupid discount on the SS that I couldn't say no.
Here's a quick pick and hope ya'll like it. I know I do. The Mustang was a fine car and I really enjoyed it. Someone will get to take advantage of Stainless Works headers, GT350 steering wheel, Gtrac brace, hpipe, PBD custom tune, MGW shifter, and PMAS CAI. They said if I left they wouldn't do the same deal and that has happened to me on several occasions. Typical car biz crap and I've worked in it for 22 years....
SSbrandnew4.8.17.jpg
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Enjoy the new car.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Well, I've been a long time GM guy, but I've also had quite a few Mustangs as well. I traded my 14 GT TP car in on a 15 GT PP after driving the 15 Camaro SS 1LE. They wanted 5k more for the 1LE and interest on the loan where Ford had 0 for 72. No brainer and the Mustang had the much nicer interior and more entertaining engine.
Today I went out and test drove a Camaro 1SS with just the performance exhaust and $200 wheel upgrade. I was blown away by just about every aspect of the car with the exception of visibility (well known) and the looks weren't quite at the S550 level. They gave me such a stupid offer on my Mustang and an even more stupid discount on the SS that I couldn't say no.
Here's a quick pick and hope ya'll like it. I know I do. The Mustang was a fine car and I really enjoyed it. Someone will get to take advantage of Stainless Works headers, GT350 steering wheel, Gtrac brace, hpipe, PBD custom tune, MGW shifter, and PMAS CAI. They said if I left they wouldn't do the same deal and that has happened to me on several occasions. Typical car biz crap and I've worked in it for 22 years....
Nice! What did they give you for the 2015 Mustang?

Sponsored

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! Let's just say they gave me way more than I thought it worth and I'm in the car business. I've seen a premium perf pack for sale for what they gave me. And it wasn't an allowance based on the discount they had to do on the car to match another dealer. I listened to the sales manager freaking out about how to get to the other dealers number. Really happy with the deal, it has been a long time. I've never bought a car from a dealership on the same day, much less without actually shopping the deal.
Now, for figuring out what first mods to do..... The speakers suck, so it looks like I'll be spending money on sound upgrades on this one. Definitely have to tint the windows. Looks like the MSD intake manifold really works well on LT1's. The disease starts now......

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Great color choice!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I bought my Challenger the same way- just went to drive one since I'd literally never even been in one and end up driving it home. They gave me 2K more trade-in than Carmax or the Ford dealer and also a 25% discount off MSRP. I have no idea why they did it. The salesman said they had only had the car on the lot for a week so it wasn't an aged unit. Must be tied to monthly sales incentives or something...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats on the new car.
I like the look of the Mustangs better, but the Camaros are great performers. Especially the new ZL1.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I definitely loved the looks of the Mustang. I think the Camaro is more muscle car where the Mustang seemed more Euro to me.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
At least you got it in white I guess.

I couldn't sacrifice better aesthetics, aftermarket and visibility for a small amount of performance gain.

Rlhay2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper
I feel your pain. Sold the Viper and I am now shopping.

If Ford does not release some info on the next halo Mustang, I am purchasing a ZL1.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I have no issue seeing out of it. Not sure why so many folks whine about it. Plenty of sports cars don't have ideal visibility. As some love to say here and other forums about a flaw in a car they love, "if you want visibility, buy a practical sedan!". No two door is practical. I'm no nutswinger of any brand, which is evidenced by how many different cars I've made payments on. I buy what makes me enjoy driving. I would have gladly kept the Mustang had the numbers not made sense, I just had the oil changed and polled filter replaced hours before I traded it! I didn't think I'd like the Camaro that much, and if I did, I figured they'd blow me out on my trade appraisal.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
They fixed everything wrong with the looks of the prior generation of Camaros and they look great now. Not to mention they are, imho, the best bang for the buck in terms of performance. Almost bought one, but the backseat was the deal breaker for me. It was as useful as the old seat in my FR-S.

Maybe I should go "look" at cars this weekend.
Sponsored