Didn't order spare tire, need advice?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
pretty sure i've read somewhere that the flat rock plant accidentally installed 2 rear PP wheels/tires on someone's car and thats how it was delivered. that's what sparked this idea in my head.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
or can we just buy a spare front PP wheel? i don't see why we wont be able to fit it on the rear.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
or can we just buy a spare front PP wheel? i don't see why we wont be able to fit it on the rear.
check to make sure the stock tire and wheel fits in the spare wheel well ok. It'll definitely stick high into the trunk, but also I noticed that the spare that I bought is significantly shorter than the oem 255/40r19s. so if the well is sized for the spare exactly, might not fit the larger full size tire no matter how you do it. The spare kit also comes with the hardware to secure everything in the trunk.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I'm here to tell you first hand...the tire inflation kit that replaces the spare is a piece of shit. I had a flat on the drivers side front tire, hooked that pos up, spewed sealant everywhere, all over my rim, all over the pavement...seemed like everywhere but inside the fucking tire. Do yourself a favor, keep the tire inflation kit (it is still an air pump), buy a plug kit, scissor jack & a lug wrench and keep that in your trunk. Either that or wait on a wrecker.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yep, never planning on using that thing.
Sponsored