Well played sir!
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I feel like there is a good story hidden here......care to share?

BTW - I bought the insurance after the check-in staff mentioned that you are also responsible for damage caused by others. I felt like $150 was pretty cheap to just avoid any high-dollar he-said/she-said incidents.
Ok, during the ride along w the instructor in the passenger seat, his feedback was that I was not maintaining enough speed into the corners; slowing down too soon and not breaking heavily enough. I made some corrections and going into another turn, he asked if I had broken my ankle :lol: He encouraged me to keep my speed up, brake later and harder. The car could take it.

Moving on to the solo runs, I kept my speed up and braked later & harder into the corners, accelerating out of the apexes. I was getting what the instructor was saying and was getting into a groove. Despite the staggered starts, I caught up to a couple of cars. I checked my mirrors and didn’t see anyone behind me so I laid up for a bit to get space and then started to drive aggressively again. I think it was when I was coming out of Precision when I went WOT in that short straight stretch before West Ten. I caught up to the cars in front going into that turn pretty quickly and was carrying more speed than I thought. I had to break, break hard, break the hardest I could to avoid rear ending the car in front. (I spoke w the guy after the run and he said he was doing the same thing to avoid the car infront of him.) The car was amazing. The beakes didn’t lock, I was able to maintain control. The combination of the Brembos and antilock system is incredible in these cars.

Going back to the topic at hand, I think if I did rear end the guy infront of me causing him to hit the guy infront of him, I would have gladly paid the deductible rather than the full bill. Not that I want to repeat the incident above, it gave me a better understanding of the capabilities of this car. I haven’t looked at it (or driven it) the same way since.

Go to the Track Attack, buy the the insurance.

Last edited:

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Get the insurance. It's not that big of an expense when you consider the cost of airfare, accomodations, meals and posibly the cost of a 2nd day. The GT350s and school cars are indeed very stable. The chance of putting yourself and the car at risk is small. Lots of room and gravel. However, you can't count on the rest of the class. My class was great, but I could see some knuckleheads banging into you.

On day two the knuckled heads came out. The Boss 302s have no nannies. There were lots of people trying to push their abilities and spinning out. They'd spin and stop in corners or go into the gravel. Day two is where the insurance was good for peace of mind.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll grab the insurance, especially since I'm doing the Boss 302 day 2. Though now I'm curious if I do one of the HPDE insurance packages for the year, if they'll let me include the Track Attack as one of the events.

Mach70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT350, 1970 Mach1, 2017 GT350
Hey guys,
I'm signed up for the 2-day Track Attack April 8-10th. I've read through all the threads on the Track Attack but only saw a few comments on the insurance. Given the nature of the event, it seems unlikely one would cause more than the $5000 deductible's worth of damage to a car, but then again you never know. For those who attended, did you get the insurance?
I did get the insurance, just thought for piece of mind I would do it. Did not have any real close calls, but you never know. I pushed it pretty hard and got out of shape a couple of times. I was not there for a Sunday drive. When they allowed us to pass on the last session, I passed two cars that started in front of me and was about to lap the 8th car in our group when the checkered flag dropped ending the session. I wish now I would have done the 2 day event. You will not be disappointed.

Sponsored

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I did get the insurance for both days in August ( I am going then, have not gone yet), I feel as though I would hold back a lot more without it. This way I can go out and really push the car and my abilities without fear of a large bill if I wreck. Not that 5K is nothing but it sure beats buying this car twice! I run track insurance when I run HPDEs with my car as I have see way to many cars crash and get totaled. (watched a Ferrari 458 last year hit the wall last year at the end of the Road America straight!) Its pricey for piece of mind but you get what you pay for and like others have mentioned its not always your fault. I was out last year when a red GT350 smashed into a bridge wall at Road America and shot pieces of the car all over the track and my car ( I was behind him) took out my front splitter and did some damage to my bumper ( I was running my LS3 RX7 FD). Nothing close to my deductable to fix but could have been worse. Just saying its not just you that you have to worry about. Shit happens!

Last edited:

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Yes , I could not stomach the infinity liability as mentioned above. Would I get it again? Yup.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll grab the insurance, especially since I'm doing the Boss 302 day 2. Though now I'm curious if I do one of the HPDE insurance packages for the year, if they'll let me include the Track Attack as one of the events.
Those slicks on the 302's grip very well..... until they don't. Get the insurance and have fun.
Sponsored