Did you buy your mustang for a collector car

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Bought mine because I wanted a late model performance car that would last into my retirement when the time comes. (before the great V8's were killed off like dinosaurs)
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Would you agree that.? The new mustangs ,Camaro, Challenger and chargers are classic cars right outside of the box ! I live in Michigan not far from the Woodward dream cruise . There are a lot of these type car enjoyed,well cared ford modified , and a large part of car clubs . There is also a group of cars that get together and park in Mustang alley at the Dream cruise???
NO!!.
I'd call them the new breed muscle. The 2nd coming of the hpwars, and history repeating itself. We are living in 1970 all over again, the door is about to be slammed shut. AKA 1972 Classic cars are not new.
maybe in 25 years they will be.
That said, I don't follow the if it isn't x years old it doesn't belong at a show,cruise,event .
But call them what they are the new breed of muscle cars.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought mine because I wanted a late model performance car that would last into my retirement when the time comes. (before the great V8's were killed off like dinosaurs)
I got mine because 2020 showed me, that tomorrow may never come. That hit home more than a few times that year.
Most of my hobby vehicles have always been 20 years or older when I got them. This is the first brand spank'n new fun, good weather only vehicle in many decades.

As much as I love the 77 bandit, it being stock, it is hard getting out of the new Mustang and then calling the bandit fast, it isn't , It's body and styling is sexy as hell, but fast it isn't.
The only thing the new car can't do that the bandit can is have a smooth highway ride and be as comfy as your favorite chair. They didn't handle as well, but that long travel of the underpinning allows for smooth highway drives.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
No.Too many made to be a collector. But it doesn't have to be my daily driver either. :fistbump:

When it comes to the 2015-202 GT350 the answer can't be based on the number produced. The number of the '15-'20 GT350's is roughly the same as the 1968-69 Z28, with the Z now a reasonably value collector car. I did buy a 1969 Z in late '69. Although I did not purchase my 2019 GT350 as a collector car, mainly because of my somewhat advanced age, and the fact that I do not have kids, it's my opinion that the modern ones will become collector cars. Nothing except Ferraris have the same sound and feeling, never mind being supported by the price differential, and strengthened by the 2019-20 engine blocks and the disappearance of ICE's which alone will magnify enthusiasts longings for the way things were.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
To add a bit the what I wrote a moments ago I can only add my track record on some of purchases/predictions over past decades.

A black/black 1967 Corvette 435 hp side-pipe convertible, ALL original, purchased in 1989. Everyone thought I was a fool as collector cars dropped in 1990. A few more: 1969 black/black Corvette 435 hp L89 (aluminum heads), original tires, restored, perfect, 6,800 miles;
1966 Shelby GT350 blue/white stripes - purchased in 2008 when everything dropped like a shot,
my two 1965 Shelby GT350's, one being #383, and the other #028, a hand built Venice car - where the problem was not buying the car, it was developing the opportunity to buy a Venice car - easy to describe, hard to do.

Of course the best was trying to get a key relative to buy a Daytona Coupe, one of six, in 1971 for $26K, now worth an easy $30 million. Everyone around me then thought I was an idiot. Too bad they guessed wrong - 100% wrong!.

There were a few others, but I think I'll rest my case. Everything true and interesting to real car enthusiasts and collectors. I think I could construct a course on the subject but it woiuld be long and complex. An especially difficult component is the aesthetic aspect, identical to predicting the value of a piece of art.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To add a bit the what I wrote a moments ago I can only add my track record on some of purchases/predictions over past decades.

A black/black 1967 Corvette 435 hp side-pipe convertible, ALL original, purchased in 1989. Everyone thought I was a fool as collector cars dropped in 1990. A few more: 1969 black/black Corvette 435 hp L89 (aluminum heads), original tires, restored, perfect, 6,800 miles;
1966 Shelby GT350 blue/white stripes - purchased in 2008 when everything dropped like a shot,
my two 1965 Shelby GT350's, one being #383, and the other #028, a hand built Venice car - where the problem was not buying the car, it was developing the opportunity to buy a Venice car - easy to describe, hard to do.

Of course the best was trying to get a key relative to buy a Daytona Coupe, one of six, in 1971 for $26K, now worth an easy $30 million. Everyone around me then thought I was an idiot. Too bad they guessed wrong - 100% wrong!.

There were a few others, but I think I'll rest my case. Everything true and interesting to real car enthusiasts and collectors. I think I could construct a course on the subject but it woiuld be long and complex. An especially difficult component is the aesthetic aspect, identical to predicting the value of a piece of art.
You can't predict what will or won't.
I mean. the winged cars from mopar, they could not give away, now worth huge dough.
Same with the ford areo cars, just not as nuts.
Somethings that at the time no one wanted, end up being worth stupid money.
The 1st round of muscle cars and the nuts pricing for select models, that back in the day, most died from wrecks, as no one thought they be collected and worth money.
That 1st round killed any chance of that with the new breed, why, too many buy them and moth ball them, so down the line there will be too many low or no mile units out there.
You know many of the gt500/350/demons/zo6/zo6zr1/z28le1/etc got mothballed right off the showroom floor. unlike the 1970 ls6,426 hemi,boss 302, boss429, l88's that most the engines were blown up and replaced, cars wrecked, etc.

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
Yes. But I'll still be driving it.

20210820_093550.jpg
that is f*ken beautiful. I've always wanted that same Race Red white stripe GT350 as a dream car...

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...besides, if I was gonna buy a Mustang for a collector car,

.....it would be this............:clap:

1970-Ford-Mustang-Muscle & Pony Cars--Car-100943077-99e06c8331cdd7032f5389ba39f551a8.jpg

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Nope.
Mines a little different with PP1, MagneRide, B&O Stereo, Active Exhaust, Manual, and a vert. Not rare, and it'll never, ever, be a collector car. It's just a Mustang with a couple neat, OEM options.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
No,
It's another Mustang to run hard.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I guess I did too.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
No. I bought it because it feels good to drive. On a collector note, it's expensive, time, consuming, and difficult to store, maintain, protect and insure a vehicle over the longterm from my experience. Artwork takes up very little space compared to a 3500lb metal box.

Ok, going for a ride in my feel good car.

OP
OP
#1ford

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Pkvir ,Lschicago I agree I did as well