Sponsored

Did my 2016 gt premium with 20" foundry wheels come with a performance pack suspension option?

andreop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I recently purchased a 2016 blue gt premium. It came with the 20" foundry wheels as an option. Does my car also have a performance package suspension upgrade or would this have ben a separate option?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No it did not. They are mutually exclusive from the factory.

OP
OP
andreop

andreop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No it did not. They are mutually exclusive from the factory.
Thanks. I am considering upgrading to the fp Track Handling suspension and wanted to know if everything under my car is stock.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thanks. I am considering upgrading to the fp Track Handling suspension and wanted to know if everything under my car is stock.
I have a 2016 20" wheel car also. They do have the upper and lower K brace from the performance pack, but other than that it's all base suspension. Having the upper K brace already installed makes installing a strut tower brace much easier.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 20" wheel car also. They do have the upper and lower K brace from the performance pack, but other than that it's all base suspension. Having the upper K brace already installed makes installing a strut tower brace much easier.
Ease of install for the STB is exactly the same either way with 4 bolts, just makes it more effective as the cowl brace triangulates it. I can't remember if the 20" wheel cars also come with the firewall extension brace right now though, but that is another component of the PP in that area.

Sponsored

OP
OP
andreop

andreop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, this makes it clear. I am thinking about installing a strut tower brace over the winter.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Ease of install for the STB is exactly the same either way with 4 bolts, just makes it more effective as the cowl brace triangulates it. I can't remember if the 20" wheel cars also come with the firewall extension brace right now though, but that is another component of the PP in that area.
Yeah the 20" package also gives you the firewall extension brace. Verified on my own car.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Yeah, true. It's just one of those things that I wouldn't add one without the other, especially since the cowl brace is such a cheap part.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's good that you guys have that. The extension brace is a hidden gem that makes the whole tower brace and K brace work.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase