Sponsored

Did GT350 values just get bolstered with the S650 reveal?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I’m in agreement about the interior. I hate it. Material qualities aside the design of our S550 interior is one of the things that drew me to the Mustang compared to the hideous Camaro. New gen, not so much. Very un original follow the crowd theme that I’d had a hard time looking at every time I got in the car. Designs anything like this have been deal breakers for me. The exterior breaks no new ground, which is about all I have until I see one in person. I do like the improvements to the gen4 Coyote, especially in Dark Horse spec. Will any of this affect Shelby values? I don’t really think so. Had no bearing upon the Shelby considering how truly unique and special our cars are due to the marvelous Voodoo, unique front clip and limited production numbers. This will be made even more so if indeed there will not be a Shelby model of the new car, but we will have to let time tell.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
A few people over in 7g have mentioned that Shelby does not currently have plans for the S650. If that is indeed true, the 350’s and 500’s just went way up in value, at least in my mind. Last ICE Shelby’s = $$$$. Now, I won’t believe it until Shelby actually says something and I’m hoping they do end up with an S650 model as I will be in line to get one.
Not had this conversation with Shelby but, I highly doubt they have no plans in the works.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not had this conversation with Shelby but, I highly doubt they have no plans in the works.
That’s my gut feeling also. Last ICE Mustang, to me there has to be at least one last Shelby. And I’ll be in line when order books open for that one.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
A few people over in 7g have mentioned that Shelby does not currently have plans for the S650. If that is indeed true, the 350’s and 500’s just went way up in value, at least in my mind. Last ICE Shelby’s = $$$$. Now, I won’t believe it until Shelby actually says something and I’m hoping they do end up with an S650 model as I will be in line to get one.
I mean Shelby didn't make the GT350, Ford Performance did. It's not a post title modification at Shelby like the Super Snake etc.

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
I mean Shelby didn't make the GT350, Ford Performance did. It's not a post title modification at Shelby like the Super Snake etc.
I've often wondered when Ford will end the "Shelby" name on the Ford Performance cars. Shelby really has nothing to do with the GT350 and the GT500, they are really just giving up profit to utilize the name in my opinion. What "Shelby Las Vegas" does with the new platform will be a wait and see I guess.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've often wondered when Ford will end the "Shelby" name on the Ford Performance cars. Shelby really has nothing to do with the GT350 and the GT500, they are really just giving up profit to utilize the name in my opinion. What "Shelby Las Vegas" does with the new platform will be a wait and see I guess.
Oh contraire. A long history exists and it will continue until something erodes that relationship

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I guess that’s where my lack knowledge comes in. I just assumed it was a collab between FP and SA. Sorry for jumping into a 350 thread as a GT guy but just trying to expand my knowledge as I’ll be in the market for one in the next 12 months or so.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
I think every GT350 owner felt the same thing after last night’s reveal: Grateful!

That said, I think the Dark Horse fixes a lot of the issues I have with the S650’s regular front end.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I think every GT350 owner felt the same thing after last night’s reveal: Grateful!

That said, I think the Dark Horse fixes a lot of the issues I have with the S650’s regular front end.
Grateful no. I had hoped the Mustang would have been a significant leap forward even at the expense of my GT350. Holding out hope that your car is going to maintain value based on a disappointing new version is silly. And I might add selfish.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My opinion......

I don't like it. I could go through the many reasons, but most have already been mentioned.

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
The new car hood look super high, thick and featureless to me. One thing about our 350's is how beautifully sculpted the hood is. I think someone said it was "shrink-wrapped" around the engine, and I think its the best most unique panel on the car. After viewing the reveal, then going out to my garage, we have nothing to worry about.

And, what's with the HIGH back end? Does it need to be SUV height ? IDK....

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
Grateful no. I had hoped the Mustang would have been a significant leap forward even at the expense of my GT350. Holding out hope that your car is going to maintain value based on a disappointing new version is silly. And I might add selfish.
Understood, but to clarify: It’s not about the resale value, as I plan on driving mine for as long as I can. I’m just glad that I bought it when I did, as the GT350 checks so many boxes for me.

I am absolutely *not* rooting for all future Mustangs to be garbage!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
My opinion......

I don't like it. I could go through the many reasons, but most have already been mentioned.
I'm disappointed Tom. I was thinking you were going to add a Dark Horse R (or S) to your garage just to go with the other vehicles.

Its like having another infinity stone for you. (ignore this if you dont watch marvel movies lol)