Sponsored

Did GT350 values just get bolstered with the S650 reveal?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
IMO, it doesn't look good. I like the interior a little bit and the exterior less than that. From the sound of it, the only street performance version will be the Dark Horse - which sounds dumb and (again IMO) looks blah. They mentioned a Dark Horse S for track days but didnt' specify if it would be street legal and I didn't see it in their video. The street cars would be appealing to some of Ford was like - oh, BTW, we shaved 500lbs from this platform...but that's not happening.

The only one that looked good...I mean REALLY good was their GT3 - that widebody, vented fenders and carbon roof, I loved it. If they offered something similar that could be street/track, Id be interested but in general, the reveal made me happy to keep my R.

Overall, the reveal was filled with awkward pauses and empty applause.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Only time will tell how the new Mustang will be looked at. Having been through this for a while, there is always an up roar every reveal to include the S550. This particular car seams to be marketed at the gamming generation. I will wait to see it in person before I commit to liking it or not. I wont be rushing to the showroom to trade mine in.

Last edited:

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Looks to me like they offered $200 to anyone in the design department who wanted to stay behind one night and knock out the new Mustang design.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well coming from a GT350, there’s not much out there better looking than my Shelby, in my opinion. Quite unsure about the this new rendition. Like the rear and hate the grille. Looks porky, so definitely need to see it in person. The color has me thrilled. I think that Vapor Blue can make any car look good. From the article I read it appears the Dark Horse S model is track only. https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-first-look-review/

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Overall, the reveal was filled with awkward pauses and empty applause.
I believe that it was underwhelming. A whole lot of hyping of poster car then just roll out a design that looks like it stole cues from other manufacturers. But I will say the race cars will look awesome on the track. Yes the GT3 is looking like a winner already.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13861

The side and back look good but not sold on the headlights or the front view in general. The interior looks almost like a 550 minus the gaming looking dash.

Jbo9122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I would say so, who wants all those camaro cues and big Mercedes-Benz dashboard. Some nice tweaks from the 2018+ dash would have been nice. Just sloppy and rushed.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I opened this thread thinking it can't be that bad. Then I looked it up. Man what happened. It's as if they put some aftermarket Camaro body kit pieces onto an S550 frame. I don't understand it given how much of an improvement I thought the S550 was over previous gens.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IMO, the GT350 is the high water mark of the S550 as far as aesthetics, and the S650 is no threat whatsoever.

The S650 dash is atrocious, and the worst part of the new car. I don't need (or want) screen after screen in a performance car.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tim is right though - it always takes a few minutes to let a new model design sink in and many who dont like it initially, end up coming around. I just don't think it's different enough overall to what I have. I guess if you didn't have a Mustang at all right now, it could seem more appealing?

Anyone else think the front looks like a Dodge?

1663244456245.png

1663244498673.png

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Personally I think they needed to have a "new" 7th generation because they didn't want to pull a Dodge and sell the same model for 15 years. So they took an S550, made some largely iterative changes (aside from the interior, which is just whack anyway) and called it a new generation. Arguably the change from 05+ to the 2011+ was more significant, but was still just a "mid-cycle refresh".

As far as values go, all I know is that the 57K I paid for my GT350 back in 2019 is worth around 66K today, which is right what these cars are valued at. So the actual real change in value since I purchased mine is right around a big ol'ZERO.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I think it looks fine. I doubt it will drastically alter the GT350 values. The S550 refresh was pretty ugly and that didn't change anything.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A few people over in 7g have mentioned that Shelby does not currently have plans for the S650. If that is indeed true, the 350’s and 500’s just went way up in value, at least in my mind. Last ICE Shelby’s = $$$$. Now, I won’t believe it until Shelby actually says something and I’m hoping they do end up with an S650 model as I will be in line to get one.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
The biggest difference from the 550 to 650 is the overwhelming amount of tech. Analog never goes out of style, tech does. That is why cars like Bugatti‘s and Pagani‘s have analog interiors with no large screens. Will that add to the desirability of the GT350? Only time will tell.
Sponsored