Did anyone order the Magneride?

DukeGaGa

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
That being said, I don't think that many people are starting out base if they are thinking of adding magnaride. I wonder why Ford doesn't just ditch that stupid calculator radio and make the 301A package the base.
Because math is hard for some people. :lol:

DickR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I would have if it didn't cost around $6k to add it.
There is your "mistake". You should have first convinced yourself and your budget that you "needed" at least a 301A and PP1. Then MagneRide is a bargain for what they do. ;)

obgod3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I think for some of us there are other options we might rather have than spending 6K on magride. Its certainly a dilemma for me. If I built a Mustang with "everything" I wanted it would be a 52K mustang, not that 50K for car surprises me anymore but then I start looking at other cars in that range that might offer more for a few more bucks. At the end of the day some of us have a budget for a car and the other options might fit better for us.

Kevin08

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
There is your "mistake". You should have first convinced yourself and your budget that you "needed" at least a 301A and PP1. Then MagneRide is a bargain for what they do. ;)
Well 401A was an easy choice for me, but PP1 was harder to swallow after knowing how much it was for the 2015 MY and how it slowly crept up to almost double the price now. Couldn't cave in to Furniture Man CEO's demands.

Hack

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Fiesta
Over in Great Britain the Magneride is just a simple one tick option, no other packs required. So it seems all the UK enthusiasts on this forum are selecting it for their 18's. But I have had a go on the US configurator and the Magneride is ultimately quite an expensive option and no wonder it does not appear on many of your orders.

My interest is to ask any '18 US Magneride owners that have already received their car what they feel about the system. Good bad or indifferent, it might be useful to others who are questioning the wisdom of ordering this damping system.

Thanks
I love the magneride on my 2016, but I don't know how the car would perform with typical shocks. I think that's true of any vehicle. If you aren't sure, the best thing is to drive identical cars, one with and one without magneride. Then it will be an easy decision.

Rash

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I've been driving an 06 GT for 11 years and never had any complaints about ride quality. It's my daily driver, I don't track or race it. I just love the power and style of Mustangs. So, while PP and Magneride would nice, it's overkill for me, and with two kids approaching college age, $5000+ for PP and Magneride will be better spent elsewhere. I ordered GT Premium 401A, Shaker, Active Exhaust, and all the safety stuff. I'm sure it will ride and handle much better than my 06, even without Magneride.

Last edited:

obgod3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I've been driving an 06 GT for 11 years and never had any complaints about ride quality. It's my daily driver, I don't track or race it. I just love the power and style of Mustangs. So, while PP and Magnaride would nice, it's overkill for me, and with two kids approaching college age, $5000+ for PP and Magnaride will be better spent elsewhere. I ordered GT Premium 401A, Shaker, Active Exhaust, and all the safety stuff. I'm sure it will ride and handle much better than my 06, even without Magnaride.
Thinking the same thing, it will better than my Fusion and Tundra LOL

Mustang1260

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
You had Magneride on a C5 Corvette from 2003? How did you manage that?
Smartass answer: By checking off Mag ride on the ordering box when buying/ordering his C5. :cheers:

Vettes have had it as an option since the 50th anniversary model in 2003.

Cobraracer79

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
You had Magneride on a C5 Corvette from 2003? How did you manage that?
It was an option on the 2003 C% 50th anniversary model.

Advertisement

5 - Hypermotive - 1

Advertisement