Did anyone order the Magneride?

DrGrabster

UK Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E63 Estate. 5.5L biturbo V8 rwd
Over in Great Britain the Magneride is just a simple one tick option, no other packs required. So it seems all the UK enthusiasts on this forum are selecting it for their 18's. But I have had a go on the US configurator and the Magneride is ultimately quite an expensive option and no wonder it does not appear on many of your orders.

My interest is to ask any '18 US Magneride owners that have already received their car what they feel about the system. Good bad or indifferent, it might be useful to others who are questioning the wisdom of ordering this damping system.

Thanks

Advertisement

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Over in Great Britain the Magneride is just a simple one tick option, no other packs required. So it seems all the UK enthusiasts on this forum are selecting it for their 18's. But I have had a go on the US configurator and the Magneride is ultimately quite an expensive option and no wonder it does not appear on many of your orders.

My interest is to ask any '18 US Magneride owners that have already received their car what they feel about the system. Good bad or indifferent, it might be useful to others who are questioning the wisdom of ordering this damping system.

Thanks
Yes

Bill from CJPP has a few threads on his car here. He has it on his ride. I plan to get it on mine.

w3rkn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You do not have to ask Mustang drivers, ask anyone who has magneride on their cars.

I wouldn't order a mustang without it.

MRose

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You do not have to ask Mustang drivers, ask anyone who has magneride on their cars.

I wouldn't order a mustang without it.
My experience with a CTS-V was that they didn't last long and were extremely expensive to replace.

Houston Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 STX 4X4 Ford Ranger, 2016 Audi A7
In my Shelby it is awesome. On the comfort setting, the car soaks up the bumps. On the sport setting, you notice every crack in the road but it handles and tracks like a beast. I run sport most of the time until I get close to home. My neighborhood roads are rough. I switch to comfort, and the bumps go away. I am a fan of the magneride.

sebounet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Is magneride more a track tool than an everyday usefull option for people that don t go on track.

Houston Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 STX 4X4 Ford Ranger, 2016 Audi A7
I would imagine if you are not pushing the car to border line limits, maybe the magneride is a waste but then again, it is awesome at smoothing out rough bumpy roads in comfort mode.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I did order on my future mustang. Still waiting for mine to arrive....

PTM5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I ordered it on mine based on my experience driving C6 ZR1 and C7 (including Z06) Corvette. They're system settings range from plush highway cruiser to rock hard track ready. If the Ford system is even close, it's worth it.

Cobraracer79

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio

Thanks
My 2018 GT is still on order but I got the Magneride. Had it on my 2003 Vette and it worked good. Can't imagine how much it has improved.

entaiiie

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
my 18 GT has it and I am very happy with the decision to get it. few suspension configurations can offer both comfort and performance in one package without manually adjusting things... :)

Cobraracer79

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Is magneride more a track tool than an everyday usefull option for people that don t go on track.
I will be autocrossing, that's the main reason I got it.

Cobraracer79

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)

Thanks
The Magneride option is not that expensive $1,695.00. The last set of performance shocks I bought for my Cobra was $5,400.00. Some of my friends spent over $7,000.00, and you still need to adjust them.

TomcatDriver

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The Magneride option is not that expensive $1,695.00. The last set of performance shocks I bought for my Cobra was $5,400.00. Some of my friends spent over $7,000.00, and you still need to adjust them.
It's $1695 on top of the Performance Pack and also requires the premium pack or 301A minimum, so technically if you are starting out at a base Mustang it's going to cost you about $7700 (2000 301A, 4000 PP, 1700 magnaride).

That being said, I don't think that many people are starting out base if they are thinking of adding magnaride. I wonder why Ford doesn't just ditch that stupid calculator radio and make the 301A package the base.

Advertisement

46 - Roush Performance - 1

Advertisement