Sponsored

Did anyone get tonneau caps with their convertible?

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I took delivery of my convertible yesterday, and just realized that I didn't receive any of these "tonneau caps" or whatever they are supposed to be called. I assumed that they were supposed to be included, since they weren't listed as an option in the accessories section of the Build & Price site.

Did anyone else receive these? I have a call into my dealer to see if he knows anything about it.

MODs - I guess this should be moved to the convertibles thread...

picture.jpg
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I would check with your dealer to find your missing caps. The tonneau caps are included on the convertible! My dealer confirmed this. The caps have to be removed before raising the top. I suspect that the Dealer Prep people raised and lowered your top to check out the mechanism and forgot to put them on or in the trunk.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Mine hasn't arrived yet so I can't verify, but I can say after reading the owners manual a couple of times that they should have been included.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I took delivery of my convertible yesterday, and just realized that I didn't receive any of these "tonneau caps" or whatever they are supposed to be called. I assumed that they were supposed to be included, since they weren't listed as an option in the accessories section of the Build & Price site.

Did anyone else receive these? I have a call into my dealer to see if he knows anything about it.

MODs - I guess this should be moved to the convertibles thread...

They should have been in your trunk in plastic wrap. I wouldn't imagine there is any reason for the dealer to take them out unless they were putting your car on the showroom floor. Call your dealer if they aren't in your car because they are owed to you.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Negative.
I haven't seen them in any verrts from factory. I didn't get one either. Looks like something they had for the show but not available yet.
In the past Ford has always included the convertible boot with the vehicle but doesn't seem like it's the case with 15.

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Negative.
I haven't seen them in any verrts from factory. I didn't get one either. Looks like something they had for the show but not available yet.
In the past Ford has always included the convertible boot with the vehicle but doesn't seem like it's the case with 15.
What??????? Dangit! I guess I assumed wrong when I saw the pictures of this one http://7683.ecarlist.com/web/ebay_photos/18565656/ Scroll down to the one with the trunk open. I thought those were the covers in the bag. Hard to tell but I guess it could be mats or something?

Last edited:
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
What??????? Dangit! I guess I assumed wrong when I saw the pictures of this one http://7683.ecarlist.com/web/ebay_photos/18565656/ Scroll down to the one with the trunk open. I thought those were the covers in the bag. Hard to tell but I guess it could be mats or something?
LOL..that's my car! :-)
Those were the floor mats that you saw in the trunk.

Rachel, can you shed any light on this for us?

GT82-15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 4X4, 2011 Explorer, Ordered GT 5.0 Vert
Took delivery of my car this afternoon. Was just out folding the top in the garage for the first time. Couldn't find my covers either. I know I saw the bag with the floor mats this morning at the dealership but don't recall seeing the covers. I will call my dealer in the morning. I think they are supposed to be in there according to the manual.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
LOL..that's my car! :-)
Those were the floor mats that you saw in the trunk.

Rachel, can you shed any light on this for us?
Well at least now I can stop staring at the picture trying to figure it out :frusty: haha

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Took delivery of my car this afternoon. Was just out folding the top in the garage for the first time. Couldn't find my covers either. I know I saw the bag with the floor mats this morning at the dealership but don't recall seeing the covers. I will call my dealer in the morning. I think they are supposed to be in there according to the manual.
Well that stinks. I guess Ford decided to sell them at a later date to cut costs again. :tsk:

Sponsored
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Sure enough! I hadn't gotten that far in my manual yet!

[/IMG]

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I just PM'd Rachel. I'm sure she will get to the bottom of this!

GT82-15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 4X4, 2011 Explorer, Ordered GT 5.0 Vert
Let us know what she says please.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Will do!

damdfw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Convertible
The brochure shows and explains the tonneau caps. Between the manual and the brochure it looks like we should get them.

David
Sponsored