• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH - USB Front facing port on mirror

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
I have been looking in the PERF Infotainment, Sync 4, OTA, Electronics, Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Cameras thread and honestly got lost in the sea of responses.

The owners manual page 146 provides basic info......so im here looking for an easy answer. Last cam I owned was in 2016 for ref....

Does anyone have a dashcam using the front facing usb port without an additional power source (like a 12 volt converter) ? This port is very convenient for install and cable mgt. From what I understand the port is 5v and that is enough juice for the cams?

2nd Question - Does the usb cut power after the car is shut off? Worried about battery drain.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I can't answer your first question, but as far as the second question, the USB port does time out.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I have the Nextbase 622GW hooked to the mirrors USB port. Picked up a r-hand USB 12" cable, as I have the d-cam mounted to the r of the mirror. Yes, after a short while the camera turns off. Exactly how short, don't know, haven't timed it.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Yes it is enough power for a dash cam. It is not enough power from some Radars.
I use it with a dash cam and yes cable management is super easy.
It also times out after about 30 minutes.

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11
I have been looking in the PERF Infotainment, Sync 4, OTA, Electronics, Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Cameras thread and honestly got lost in the sea of responses.

The owners manual page 146 provides basic info......so im here looking for an easy answer. Last cam I owned was in 2016 for ref....

Does anyone have a dashcam using the front facing usb port without an additional power source (like a 12 volt converter) ? This port is very convenient for install and cable mgt. From what I understand the port is 5v and that is enough juice for the cams?

2nd Question - Does the usb cut power after the car is shut off? Worried about battery drain.

Thanks for your time.
I used it to power my dash cam in my Dark Horse. Ordered a 9" usb to usb-c cable and it works great. Yes it does power down after 30 minutes when the car goes to sleep.
Sponsored