Sponsored

DG9Z-8321-A Front Suspension lower Spring Insulator Question.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I just had FP Track Shocks/struts installed with Steeda springs. Installer used the lower spring insulators included in the Track shock/strut kit. They come with two little rubber spikes that enter through the suspension for placement, along with the side bracket having a bracket fold for positioning as well. I noticed eventually after 2 weeks, I have seen one spike kinda shear off partially on both sides of the car, I do still see one spear sticking down intact on each side, and the side bracket folds are still locked in place. I also verified that the end of the spring is still at the rubber wall of the insulator, Is this still ok if some bottom spears/spikes have just loosened off and hanging?

I am not hearing any noises so far in my suspension while driving, turning, speed bumps etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it is just ok cosmetically if one rubber spike as shown in green circle is sheared off through the strut hole?

seat.jpg

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I guess it is just ok cosmetically if one rubber spike as shown in green circle is sheared off through the strut hole?

seat.jpg
I'd guess those are just locating tabs for assembly. Once the spring is compressed on the strut there's no way that those things are going to move regardless if that tab is there or not.
Sponsored