Sponsored

Detailing Exterior Plastics

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
I've ordered Klasse AIO and HGSG + Collinite 845 as a combo to provide the most durability while still maintaining a good look plus being able to breeze through winter with the combo. I've heard many good reviews on both used together and individually on other forums with white car owners. Can't be bothered with less durable waxes/sealants as it's a white car.

I'm going to guess that this sealant and wax are probably not to be used on the front splitter, side skirts and above the rear diffuser? They are just raw plastic right?

What should be used on these pieces? Don't mind something that doesn't last long as I'd just reapply every weekly wash anyways. If the Klasse HGSG and/or 845 can be used on them that would be awesome though.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Stoner makes a spray trim product. I used it before selling a 2004 Dodge Ram and it completely restored a lot of chalky sun bleached black parts with one light coat. I have no idea how long it lasts.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
SoulTea

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
OP:

I am fairly certain Collinite over KAIO+SG is overkill. Both are sealants, so using one should be fine. I use Klasse, and it gives me good results with a sacrificial layer of carnauba over it. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone did a massive shootout of sealants and both the Collinite and Klasse products were finalists. Do note that SG is designed to go over KAIO - it's an acrylic coating and the KAIO leaves the surface prepped so SG can stick. In the shootout, the SG did not last nearly as long as without the KAIO.

Also, the Klasse twins take a fair amount of work to put on. Collinite might be easier.

OP
OP
SoulTea

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP:

I am fairly certain Collinite over KAIO+SG is overkill. Both are sealants, so using one should be fine. I use Klasse, and it gives me good results with a sacrificial layer of carnauba over it. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone did a massive shootout of sealants and both the Collinite and Klasse products were finalists. Do note that SG is designed to go over KAIO - it's an acrylic coating and the KAIO leaves the surface prepped so SG can stick. In the shootout, the SG did not last nearly as long as without the KAIO.

Also, the Klasse twins take a fair amount of work to put on. Collinite might be easier.
Haha I'm very very aware that it is extremely overkill. Thanks for the concern! Yes I've got the twins and I'm going to lay down a coat of KAIO before 2-3 of SG. I'm not looking forward to how hard SG will be to buff off as it's extremely finicky. Seen a few different application methods so I'll have to decide on one.

I did read that it is actually more like a sealant than wax. I read through that shootout thread and that's how I came to decide on these. I'm now reading a massive 100+ page thread on the F150 forum about Collinite and they love it.

The 845 over the SG is just to add a bit of shine/gloss since it's technically still a wax and helps to bead water and add even more protection to last and protect over the brutal Canadian winter. The salt here is super corrosive. I may only lay 845 over the SG for winter months and just buy a normal Carnuba wax to put over SG for spring/summer/fall.

It's a painful process but I'll only have to do it twice a year. I want durability and low maintainace which is why I kind of got white and decided on this combo.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
The SG is super easy to remove until you put too much on there. I use one of those foam disks like you'd use to put wax on a car. Pour about a dime on the disk, fold it a few times to spread it out and wipe on the car. Easy peasy when done like that. If you see trails like when using a liquid wax, then you're using too much. Hope that helps a little :)

OP
OP
SoulTea

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SG is super easy to remove until you put too much on there. I use one of those foam disks like you'd use to put wax on a car. Pour about a dime on the disk, fold it a few times to spread it out and wipe on the car. Easy peasy when done like that. If you see trails like when using a liquid wax, then you're using too much. Hope that helps a little :)
Thanks Chad! I've heard many times that less is more, I did buy 2 foam applicators as I heard they will be better. Any tips on drying/hazing time? Some suggest wipe on-wipe off right away while some say to let it sit for 20-40 mins.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i usually do the whole car and then go back and wipe it off starting with the panel I coated first. That usually takes about 10-20 minutes so I guess that sounds about right! When I first got the car I did 3 coats. It took about an hour and the next day i put some s100 (which is p21s at half the price) wax on top just for the shine.

It'd probably be easier to do that than panel by panel on a white car. My last car was white and i would always miss spots lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoulTea

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard that's a good way to do it because by the time you get back to the panel you started with it'll be ready to buff. I'll go with that. The hardest part will be noticing if I missed spots haha so yeah 3 coats will definitely make sure it's fully covered.

Did you do it outside? Thankfully in the afternoon the sun is always behind my house so I don't have to worry about it and direct heat but I'm concerned about not being able to do it in a garage. I don't think there's any pollen flying around my driveway but still.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
i usually do the whole car and then go back and wipe it off starting with the panel I coated first. That usually takes about 10-20 minutes so I guess that sounds about right! When I first got the car I did 3 coats. It took about an hour and the next day i put some s100 (which is p21s at half the price) wax on top just for the shine.

It'd probably be easier to do that than panel by panel on a white car. My last car was white and i would always miss spots lol.
You belong in the waxing olympics with a gold medal.You must have bionic body parts. 3 coats of Klasse sealant in 1 hour! WOW! That has to be a sight to see. It would take a mere mortal that long just to properly apply one coat.
Sponsored