Sponsored

Dent/Scratch Front Bumper...Best Course of Action?

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Super bummed when I saw this on my car today. Don’t really know where it came from. You guys have any idea on the best course of action? I don’t know if insurance would really do anything. I’m thinking maybe I can take it to a shop and buff the paint out for the scratch/scrape part, but the black dent area might be here to stay. Any thoughts? Any ideas on if this is even fixable? Thanks for any help.
4AF39EA8-FB29-44B6-ABB3-4595B7806228.jpeg
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
That sucks , best bet is some compound , buff it out then touch up paint . It will look better, but not perfect . The only way to get it perfect would be too expensive, just to have it happen again.

Ford paint is kinda crappy .

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Don't know how similar to ~30 years ago but someone plowed into the back of my new Syclone. Tailgate, bumper, one bed side bent up. Bumper cover looked like a pretzel when removed. I kept and threw the damaged bumper cover into a corner of my garage. A year later, I looked and it was like new, shape wise. Slow acting memory.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That sucks , best bet is some compound , buff it out then touch up paint . It will look better, but not perfect . The only way to get it perfect would be too expensive, just to have it happen again.

Ford paint is kinda crappy .
That’s a pretty decent rock/debris hit. Not sure any paint would survive that. Surprised you didn’t hear it. But Angst’s suggestion is sound. You can also bring it to a good body shop. Sometimes they can work miracles for a reasonable price.

And it will happen again. That’s why you put PPF on your car. I did and it has saved my car on more than one occasion.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Try a but be little heat gun action but be careful.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Agree with a suggestion above. Compound/Polish with some touch up paint possible some clear coat to mask it as much as possible. At least it will even it out around the main impact point. Sorry to hear :(

Another possible solution is to maybe get some bondo/filler for that spot if the compound/polish does not fill it enough and sand it so its even, then top off with paint/clearcoat
Sponsored