Sponsored

Delivery for 1st April 2017 or after

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Can anyone please suggest when I should order for a delivery date of 1st April 2017 or after?

Or in other words does anyone know what the approximate current lead times on GTs are? 6, 9, 12 months? Going for all options but not the custom pack as want the black wheels, manual, race red with black stripes - just in case any of that affects the lead time.

Thanks
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
All depends how close you want to be to the 1st April, I would of thought you would be looking at 6-9month bracket, would of thought if t arrived a few weeks or so early you could hold off registering it till the 1st

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Impossible to say with any level of accuracy, assuming you want the car for as close to 1st April as possible. Is that the start of the different taxation? At a rough guess end of August/September.
I'd say you'd need to open up a dialogue with a dealer and get regular updates about actual deliveries against their order dates and predicted future deliveries to help you know when to pull the trigger.
Must say, your patience is admirable :thumbsup:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Is it not worth putting a deposit down now and just asking them not to register it until April 1st.
What happens if there is another price increase before then? You would be pissed if it then got pushed over the 40k bracket. Although quite unlikely.

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
GTs are going to be very close To qualify for the cheaper tax bracket. What I am not sure of is, does the £40k include the tax bill of over two grand as well? If so then V8 autos, convertibles and those with all the options will probably be over 40 K. Where does that leave your tax bill?

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha ha, i know the wait is agonising! Yep, for tax purposes but also because need a bit of time to get the cash together!!!..... and for sync 3:)

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it not worth putting a deposit down now and just asking them not to register it until April 1st.
What happens if there is another price increase before then? You would be pissed if it then got pushed over the 40k bracket. Although quite unlikely.
Yes but no point in car just sitting there, also they may bring out other upgrades between now and Autumn such as Sync 3 or an extra 100bhp :) etc.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTs are going to be very close To qualify for the cheaper tax bracket. What I am not sure of is, does the £40k include the tax bill of over two grand as well? If so then V8 autos, convertibles and those with all the options will probably be over 40 K. Where does that leave your tax bill?
Yes but that's why mine is a coupe, manual - no it doesn't include the first year tax bill. You're right, if it goes over £40k then not good but I'm taking the risk that it won't go over £40k in the near future.

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
I was going to play the waiting game for an April delivery... I made it to February then ordered anyway...too impatient! Shouldn't imagine a fastback manual will break £40k before April though!

However, if your waiting just for Sync 3 get ordering now as Sync 3 is already available, there wont be any more updates until MY18 which wont be starting to be built until next summerish anyway. So no extra 100BHP just yet!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
the cars delivered in June 17 will be MY18 and there's rumours of facelift and 10speed auto, however yet to be confirmed anywhere, if I was to wait for April '17, I'd deffo wait 2 extra months for the MY18 car. That'd be an order in December time by the way.

If it is for tax, you can ask your dealer not to register it until april. A lot of dealerships have been doing this, however some may ask you fork out the difference in tax (TBC as tax changes ??)

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
the cars delivered in June 17 will be MY18 and there's rumours of facelift and 10speed auto, however yet to be confirmed anywhere, if I was to wait for April '17, I'd deffo wait 2 extra months for the MY18 car. That'd be an order in December time by the way.

If it is for tax, you can ask your dealer not to register it until april. A lot of dealerships have been doing this, however some may ask you fork out the difference in tax (TBC as tax changes ??)
Exactly my thinking Manders. If your willing to wait till April, two more months ain't gonna kill you. I wasn't in a position to order a few years ago when I found out about RHD, but watching everyone else ordering and receiving theirs has kept my eye on the prize so to speak.

I plan on going into People's Edinburgh mid December hopefully once the new MY18 car has been revealed. They should have a good idea of how long orders are taking this year and hopefully point me in the right direction regarding when to order to get one of the first MY18s. Saying that, I could hate the facelift and order early to avoid it.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Wait on the generation 7; rumour has it it'll fly...

Fair enough waiting for the lower taxation but I'd be wary of waiting for MY18. Are they really building MY18 from March 2017, ie the only way you'd be getting it in June? Even if they start building it then no one knows if they'll do a two month run of LHDs first. You could be waiting a really long time. All the while having to avoid getting hit by a bus.

Just my opinion.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Think Manders meant MY18 will be starting to Build in June 2017 so you won't see any in the UK until the end of 2017

That's assuming that they will even give us the speculated facelift. Might be too much work for them and they keep churning out the pre facelift ones.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Think Manders meant MY18 will be starting to Build in June 2017 so you won't see any in the UK until the end of 2017

That's assuming that they will even give us the speculated facelift. Might be too much work for them and they keep churning out the pre facelift ones.
Correct, my shout was put order in dec '16, build May/Jun 17, delivery for August/sept 17. My18 this is.

If u don't care and just want to hit april, order august/sept time :headbang:

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Makes sense to wait another couple of months for MY18. So to confirm, if I want the MY18 I should order around December 16?
Is this right because I would have thought if you want the 2018 facelift you would have to order close to 2018, say end of 2017?
Sponsored