Sponsored

Deleting magneride issues…

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
My xineering deletes have worked flawlessly from the get go.

What angle kit did you do? Fit without wide fenders?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mulletdaddee72

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
Update: still having the issue, thinking about pulling the fuse for the vehicle dynamics module but I suspect the car will still give me the error message because it’ll have lost communication with the VDM. Have no idea where to go from here, the car has been modified to the point I can’t return to stock so I need to find a solution.
My xineering deletes have worked flawlessly from the get go.

What angle kit did you do? Fit without wide fenders?
Wish I could say the same, and it’s a Fun-Haver/RTR angle kit. There’s a tiny bit of poke but that’s to be expected with any big angle kit. To me it looks rad.
305D9C35-3C44-4E1D-BD1A-48AB558ADCAF.jpeg

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Update: still having the issue, thinking about pulling the fuse for the vehicle dynamics module but I suspect the car will still give me the error message because it’ll have lost communication with the VDM. Have no idea where to go from here, the car has been modified to the point I can’t return to stock so I need to find a solution.

Wish I could say the same, and it’s a Fun-Haver/RTR angle kit. There’s a tiny bit of poke but that’s to be expected with any big angle kit. To me it looks rad.
305D9C35-3C44-4E1D-BD1A-48AB558ADCAF.jpeg
What about forscan and setting the as built code to non magnaride. You would lose the magnaride entirely

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can’t believe I missed this thread. I just ordered the SDE kit for the rear on my car in preparation for installing Viking drag shocks. Here are the ones I received.

@Mulletdaddee72, can you confirm if these are the updated SDE pieces.

463A1742-DF7D-4531-A0C6-1CF71BAFB652.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update: I just received this info. from SDE, so I’ll share here with others using their product. I’d still be interested in hearing from other end users on this if possible. Thanks.

SDE reply:

You should be okay without performing the ride height trim procedure. You can leave the OEM height sensors installed for now since the ride height is stock. We include the SDE height simulators for vehicles with coilovers and airbag suspension but you can always use them since they are lighter.

On vehicles with MagneRide suspension, the height sensors are the command input to the suspension controller so it controls how much current is sent to the 2-pin shock sims, which is why we recommend performing the trim procedure.

Sponsored

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
mine for the most part has worked since my last season install. Every so often it’s given me a suspension fault, but overall been issue free. I’ve yet to try and make a pass with it and see how that goes. The issue usually comes up when i go over larger bumps

Update: I just received this info. from SDE, so I’ll share here with others using their product. I’d still be interested in hearing from other end users on this if possible. Thanks.

SDE reply:

You should be okay without performing the ride height trim procedure. You can leave the OEM height sensors installed for now since the ride height is stock. We include the SDE height simulators for vehicles with coilovers and airbag suspension but you can always use them since they are lighter.

On vehicles with MagneRide suspension, the height sensors are the command input to the suspension controller so it controls how much current is sent to the 2-pin shock sims, which is why we recommend performing the trim procedure.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
not going to lie, panic stopped today and got a fault code. two days ago left my driveway, got the fault message. Im growing tired of this crap and wish i wouldnt have bought the SDE stuff. all this mess to 60ft better and its been a PITA

**edit**got a call from SDE today, which is more than impressive. Im sour on this deal, but this makes me way less sour when someone cares about their product. Im going to keep working with them to solve this issue.

Last edited:

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
The GM folks use the same parts from all of these companies with no issues. The Fords seems to have a lot of issues.

I am testing a new design kit on my GT500 right now. If it works as I hope, I will share information on it.

Additionally, I believe some tuners out there have the ability to actually modify the tune in a way that when the fault comes on it won't actually cause any issues....except the light.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
not going to lie, panic stopped today and got a fault code. two days ago left my driveway, got the fault message. Im growing tired of this crap and wish i wouldnt have bought the SDE stuff. all this mess to 60ft better and its been a PITA

**edit**got a call from SDE today, which is more than impressive. Im sour on this deal, but this makes me way less sour when someone cares about their product. Im going to keep working with them to solve this issue.
You’re lowered right? I sure hope I can just install mine and not have any issues. I’ll be installing them, along with new drag shocks in the next day or so.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
You’re lowered right? I sure hope I can just install mine and not have any issues. I’ll be installing them, along with new drag shocks in the next day or so.
Nope. Mine is stock ride height, with stock ride height vikings in the rear. Yesterday SDE and I discussed an issue with certain s550's and GT500s that are having some issues and they're working on a fix for those ones. I know some are working on data and information to help better the product.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nope. Mine is stock ride height, with stock ride height vikings in the rear. Yesterday SDE and I discussed an issue with certain s550's and GT500s that are having some issues and they're working on a fix for those ones. I know some are working on data and information to help better the product.
Did you try using only the SDE shock delete sensor and leave the factory ride height sensors in place? That is what I intend to try first since SDE says that the height sensors are what provide the command signal to the suspension controller.

Last edited:

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
You guys also keep in mind, there could possibly be something related to how much 'is commanded'.

I know heat is a significant issue with these delete plugs.

In the GT500 world it seems that the issues are lessened when you keep the suspension in "normal" mode, rather than the sport or track mode.

If you have issues that are sporadic or when hitting bumps, maybe try to put the mode to comfort or normal to see if it helps? Just thinking out loud...

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
k delete sensor and leave the factory ride height sensors in place? That is what I intend to try first since SDE says that t
yes, it did the same thing

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
You guys also keep in mind, there could possibly be something related to how much 'is commanded'.

I know heat is a significant issue with these delete plugs.

In the GT500 world it seems that the issues are lessened when you keep the suspension in "normal" mode, rather than the sport or track mode.

If you have issues that are sporadic or when hitting bumps, maybe try to put the mode to comfort or normal to see if it helps? Just thinking out loud...
thats great and all, but at the track i prefer to use drag mode for what it does to the pedal and the shifting.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, I took my Bullitt out for a test drive this morning with the new KellTrack Ultra Spec Inverted Viking shocks and SDE sensors installed and low and behold, here’s what I was greeted with.

1681915161046.jpeg

This occurred with only the shock sensors installed, just as it did with @rabid_josh. I’m going to try disconnecting the nanny plug here shortly and go for another test drive. I’ll report back with the results of that test shortly.
Sponsored