Sponsored

Defunding the Police - disbanding them

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So cities want to defund/disband the police. So let's say that happens. Who you gonna call? Ok, so someone calls 911, "911, what is your emergency?". Woman says, "he is breaking into my bedroom and he has a gun!". 911 responds, "Ok, we have an opening next Thursday, will that work for you?"
Sponsored

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anything that keeps the narrative away from the actual problem causers.

This whole protest is such garbage. Created and funded but the wealthy to make sure the narrative stays against them. Want to solve the inequality problem. Let’s first start with stopping rabid money creation that only helps those with access to the money.

Sounds like you are buying what they are selling. Don’t worry though. Facecrack will censor anything anti banker to make sure we don’t get a wall street protest again.
I am not buying any of it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So cities want to defund/disband the police. So let's say that happens. Who you gonna call? Ok, so someone calls 911, "911, what is your emergency?". Woman says, "he is breaking into my bedroom and he has a gun!". 911 responds, "Ok, we have an opening next Thursday, will that work for you?"
What I find interesting is that so many people have different understandings of what "defund" means. I get disbanding but that's an overreaction and unnecessary. There needs to be a force to protect and serve. The definition of the force may need to change though. Police departments across the country have actually asked for the same thing. They know they are not equipped to handle many situations that arise today and are asking for help. I would remove the use of the word defund altogether. We still and will always need the police to handle criminal situations but there are others who could handle these new situations. No different than sending a fire truck to a fire instead of a police car (both calls going into 911). I would use the word reallocation. Each individual force has to look at the numbers and dollars to see where, when possible, changes/improvements can be made. By taking some of the secondary actions away from patrol officers they can focus on their primary function.

Everyone right now is overreacting to everything. Hell people are being killed over a face masks. That said if something good can come out of this for the police and the public I'm all for it.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I don’t really care what they do. Disband ? Sure; defund? Ok
Who cares

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What I find interesting is that so many people have different understandings of what "defund" means. I get disbanding but that's an overreaction and unnecessary. There needs to be a force to protect and serve. The definition of the force may need to change though. Police departments across the country have actually asked for the same thing. They know they are not equipped to handle many situations that arise today and are asking for help. I would remove the use of the word defund altogether. We still and will always need the police to handle criminal situations but there are others who could handle these new situations. No different than sending a fire truck to a fire instead of a police car (both calls going into 911). I would use the word reallocation. Each individual force has to look at the numbers and dollars to see where, when possible, changes/improvements can be made. By taking some of the secondary actions away from patrol officers they can focus on their primary function.

Everyone right now is overreacting to everything. Hell people are being killed over a face masks. That said if something good can come out of this for the police and the public I'm all for it.
They really need to find a way to deal with belligerent people that won't do what the cops ask, maybe straight jacket, ankle cuffs. Or just don't touch them at all and tell them to get into the squad car by themselves on camera so they can't say the cop hit his head getting in. If they don't, maybe call the "capture squad" whatever. Or just let them go. That way no one can say they laid a finger on them. Maybe throw a net over them. Whatever works.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don’t really care what they do. Disband ? Sure; defund? Ok
Who cares
The 382.2 million people who live in the US should care. Yesterday is was a man in Minneapolis, today a woman in Atlanta, tomorrow, maybe someone you know and love. Trying to figure out what works best is in everyones best interest.

They really need to find a way to deal with belligerent people that won't do what the cops ask, maybe straight jacket, ankle cuffs. Or just don't touch them at all and tell them to get into the squad car by themselves on camera so they can't say the cop hit his head getting in. If they don't, maybe call the "capture squad" whatever. Or just let them go. That way no one can say they laid a finger on them. Maybe throw a net over them. Whatever works.
Yah, this is the toughest one. This is the one that places the most stress on the police. The one with an unsure outcome. But there has to be non-violent ways of dealing with these people. Actually the net isn't such a bad idea. Something to stop them before they or the police do something stupid.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You think things are bad out there with the riots and looting and crime in the name of whatever the protest of the day is? Get rid of the police and you'll see anarchy.

There are bad apples in every profession and in every race but I'll happily admit that cop went too far on George Floyd. I hope this all makes the cops re-think their processes but some times you need to use force - let's just know when to ease off blue.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The 382.2 million people who live in the US should care. Yesterday is was a man in Minneapolis, today a woman in Atlanta, tomorrow, maybe someone you know and love.
Oh, I was just giving the OP a taste of his own medicine. Guess I need to be more specific. I only care what happens in Illinois. The other states can fend for themselves.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You think things are bad out there with the riots and looting and crime in the name of whatever the protest of the day is? Get rid of the police and you'll see anarchy.

There are bad apples in every profession and in every race but I'll happily admit that cop went too far on George Floyd. I hope this all makes the cops re-think their processes but some times you need to use force - let's just know when to ease off blue.
No one is going to get rid of the police. They are needed and wanted. The problem is that most forces are not properly training their people to handle everything that's going on out there these days. They are undermanned and overworked. The reallocation of funds could help everyone.

And your 100% right. Even when they defund, reallocate whatever they want to call it there are still going to be bad apples. Police officers are human. There are good ones and bad ones. But the goods ones have to stop protecting the bad ones. They need to be called out and let go. If this was already being done George Floyd might just still be alive.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
In a couple of weeks they’ll have a turf war and a new thug Lord to take care of them or not.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good because it’s all just a distraction. Anyone with any hint of a history background can see that when half the working age population is unemployed, sports are shut down, and people are averaging 18 hours a day on their devices(no joke), the situation just need a villain.
The villain should be the Fed but instead it’s the police. People don’t really care what they are protesting at this point, they are just angry.
I really expect it to ramp up this fall since college sports will most likely be postponed and all the government support is set to end(don’t think it will). Maybe people will figure out who is actually robbing them this time. I doubt it though.
Bingo my man,......BINGO!!

Wait till the Fall/Winter when we have to deal with this Chinese virus all over again!! What a mess that's going to be. I wonder what 'restrictions" the CDC is going to "put into place" at that time.
Can you imagine how bad the economy is going to drop once that extra 600 dollars a week in unemployment insurance runs out, which is the end of July?!?! It'll be bad, but I agree with you, I think/I have a feeling the government will keep feeding us money to keep us all at home while this virus is gone. Either way, it's a shit show. What a mess.
Sponsored