Status
Not open for further replies.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
One thing I have noticed about polictical and social changes, it usually makes the problem worse.
Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Slashing police budgets with no additional reforms will only result in worse outcomes. Overworked, underpaid cops will be even more reckless. No-go neighborhoods will become more common and things like rape kits and the alike will sit untested and not be followed up on..
If I was a policeman, I'd protect the good neighborhoods and let the crime neighborhoods fight their own criminal behavior. They may get more bang for the buck by hiring the gangbangers to protect their family.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
If I was a policeman, I'd protect the good neighborhoods and let the crime neighborhoods fight their own criminal behavior. They may get more bang for the buck by hiring the gangbangers to protect their family.
Well thank goodness you aren't. You're basically saying that you'd be happy to abandon your supposed duty to 'serve and protect' until people stop being so mean about police abuses of power and the municipal protectionism that allows it.

I'm 100% not for disbanding the police, but it is obvious we need a structural reimagining of how we train police and how we police this country in general.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Well thank goodness you aren't. You're basically saying that you'd be happy to abandon your supposed duty to 'serve and protect' until people stop being so mean about police abuses of power and the municipal protectionism that allows it.

I'm 100% not for disbanding the police, but it is obvious we need a structural reimagining of how we train police and how we police this country in general.
well, looks like Atlanta may be the best place to test redoing the PD seeing as how many of them just walked off the job.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...I'm 100% not for disbanding the police, but it is obvious we need a structural reimagining of how we train police and how we police this country in general.
My above opinion seems to be working in Seattle.

‘Seattle is fine,” tweeted Mayor Jenny Durkan on Friday, responding to President Trump’s criticism of the anarchist takeover in her city. “Don’t be so afraid of democracy,” she lectured the president. But who in Seattle voted to cede their neighborhood to armed vigilantes?

Early in June, while Seattle was rocked by protests that often turned ugly, Ms. Durkan canceled curfew, suspended use of tear gas, drew back the National Guard, and pledged no penalties for those arrested for protesting or previously violating curfew.

She then ordered Seattle police to evacuate on June 8 their precinct station house in the heart of the Capitol Hill neighborhood, effectively handing the roughly six-block area to demonstrators, who used police barricades to build a border wall and began screening people entering the area as men with AR-15s patrolled its streets. Welcome to the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

Local businesses closed. A park became a rally site with speakers haranguing the committed and curious. During the day, the neighborhood had the air of a community festival, but things get uglier at night.

A speaker at Friday’s rally demanded whites in attendance “give $10 to one African American person from this autonomous zone.” This was a test: “If you find it’s hard for you to give $10 to people of color, to black people especially, you have to think real critically about, in the future, are you actually going to give up power and land and capital?” He closed by saying, “White people, I see you. I see every single one of you, and I remember your faces. You find that African American person and you give them $10.” (He helpfully added they could use cash or Venmo.)

Since the mayor ejected police from the area, protesters have created their own security force. It’s led by Raz Simone, a bejeweled rapper whose favorite instrument is an AK-47 with its distinctive curved magazine, though he also straps a handgun low on his hip as a backup and fashion accessory. Mr. Simone can be seen in a YouTube video handing an AR-15 from his Tesla’s trunk to a young man he’s deputized. Mr. Simone’s posse laughs and jumps out of the way as their newest recruit tries removing his loaded rifle’s magazine while raising his weapon. Another member of this People’s Constabulary swills a Corona.

Mr. Simone and his deputies are later seen taking up station near the Autonomous Zone’s perimeter. After consulting with nearby civilians, one of the crew tells his chief, “They want to know why the guns tonight.” Mr. Simone answers, “The energy is high right now . . . possible threats or whatever,” before adding, “A little bit of education as well.”

On June 9 an unsigned manifesto appeared online. Occupiers demand shutting down the police department and courts: “This means 100% of funding, including existing pensions for Seattle Police.” They insist on “abolition of imprisonment” and “retrial of all People of Color currently serving a prison sentence for violent crime.” Felons in prison must have the right to vote. Their economic demands include rent control, “de-gentrification,” free college and the hiring of “black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.”
WSJ 6-18-20

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
shotgun with low-recoil 00. 9mm with hollow points, 15-19rd capacity. min 2 spare mags. Machete on the belt.
Above all else extensive practice and familiarity with the weapon.

Politicians don't fear criminals - they are too few in number to be a threat and can be bribed should it be necessary. They FEAR an armed general populace who has the recourse to not take their sh*t anymore and has the means of pushing back in no uncertain terms.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
They FEAR an armed general populace who has the recourse to not take their sh*t anymore and has the means of pushing back in no uncertain terms.
Agreed, just look at how the NRA changed their tune in 1960s California. I'm all for guns but I like to think I'm reasonable when it comes to 'gun control.'

Furthermore, picture this, a Sikh man talking about the assaults on his fellow Sikhs around the US and the fear of religious extremists that he feels from day to day. Talking about what it's like to be constantly mistaken for a Muslin and the insults he's endured and the fear of violence this instills in him. Imagine him standing in front of a massive arsenal containing all sorts of assault weapons. He explains that the difference between random racists and a lynch mob is an instigator and, if that day ever comes, he intends to be ready to defend his family. This is why he opposes gun control.

Gun control is a large bit race-related too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.