Sponsored

Deep tone cat-back with no drone

axios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How tough/expensive was it to put quad tips on the '15?
The exhaust was already on the car when I got it (at 8k miles).

Roush is expensive compared to other options out there. You can get quad mufflers from an 18+ car for cheap. I just ordered a pair on ebay for $250 for a project I'm working on.

The Roush rear valance is a pain to install from what I've heard and seen. I have it on my car and don't prefer the looks, it's just too mellow.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
AWE Touring is on the deeper side in lower RPMs but screams up top. 0 drone. Plenty of options out there for the platform. Just got find the one that checks the boxes for you.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Corsa Xtreme catback with the Lethal exclusive H pipe by Corsa. Very easy decision.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Looking for a deep tone cat-back that has no drone. Anyone have ideas? Is an H-pipe definitely the way to go for that deep rumble?
Go with a Corsa Sport, Borla S-type, or AWE Touring. Those are some great catbacks with no drone which sound amazing. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. Message me with any questions.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Steeda Axle-back, real deep sound. Here is a clip. No drone at all.

I’ve been thinking about adding an h pipe to mine. I wonder how much louder it’ll get and if it’ll stay drone free...ish mine drones a little it’s just out of normal cruising rpm range. At 100 with 3.73’s it drones bad, but at 55-80 it’s quiet.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If you have a 2018+ get the LTH Scorpion axle-back. Running that with the factory resonator. Tried it with a Steeda X-pipe and it was waaaaay too boomy at low RPMs, but actually was quieter in higher RPMs than it is with the factory resonator. Every once in a while I wish it was a LITTLE louder, but there have been many times with other exhausts that I wasn't in the mood for it to be screaming loud, I think this combination is a really good compromise for a DD without active exhaust. I had an X-pipe and an H-pipe with the stock mufflers and they both cracked and barked way too loud at startup, plus had a little rasp at higher RPMs. Startups with this setup are loud but not annoying, and have had many compliments on how it purrs at idle. No drone and no rasp.

Last edited:

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
I’ve been thinking about adding an h pipe to mine. I wonder how much louder it’ll get and if it’ll stay drone free...ish mine drones a little it’s just out of normal cruising rpm range. At 100 with 3.73’s it drones bad, but at 55-80 it’s quiet.
Ya, I was also thinking of H pipe but then as is sounds so good. Have gotten so many compliments. I don't have any drone, also I drive mostly on Sport mode. I have 3.15, it a bit sluggish on normal drive mode.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have same question as OP. My question is: how's the mbrp system, cat back, H pipe, 3" all the way for 18+ with AE? I have a Steeda X pipe, sounds good but not deep tone. Heard one short clip sounded real nice. Just gonna talk myself into the cost.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have same question as OP. My question is: how's the mbrp system, cat back, H pipe, 3" all the way for 18+ with AE? I have a Steeda X pipe, sounds good but not deep tone. Heard one short clip sounded real nice. Just gonna talk myself into the cost.
An H-pipe instead of the X-pipe might be all you need.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I had MBRP Race on my 2015 and the drive was f*** unbelievable, even when I emailed MBRP they told me to drive in 5th gear on the highway LOL
I got a Roush a few month later and no drone at all. However, it is raspy so I would no recommend for what you are looking for.
I would go with AWE Touring, my friend has it and there is absolutely no drone and it sounds amazing. I might switch this spring as well :)
Sponsored