Sponsored

December 2017 Mustang Sales

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, this thread is all over the place. I have owned at least 9 Mustangs over the years, starting with a 1971 Grande' up to my current 2017 GT350. I do believe that Ford cares about performance, but also believe that competition is a good thing (you can have both). Without the Z28, (that came out and blew the doors off many more expensive track oriented cars), I'm not sure we'd even have the GT350. Which would be sad as it's an amazing "in your face" ride... In general, Ford seems to be more on the cutting edge of different technologies which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how well the technology is adapted/refined (like the 5.2L FPC Voodoo engine, Ford could have easily stuck with an enhanced Coyote 5.0, or another example would be the new Predator engine coming in the 2019 GT500). So Ford does care about innovation. I traded my 2013 Carrera S PDK w/Sport Chrono for a 2017 GT350 and they are both great cars but the German engineering, quality and fit/finish are second to none...of course you pay for that with a $135K MSRP vs just over $60K for the GT350. The last Mustang I had before a series of German cars (BMW 535i, M3, 997S, 991S) was a 2007 GT500 and it was a beast, but the new Mustang platform blows it away in every aspect. It handles and rides so much better than the previous gen... I can't compare the Camaro as I've never personally driven one but the looks, interior layout and limited visibility are a definite deal breaker for me. Just my .02.

Oh, and by the way, you guys are going to like the Magnaride system now available on the 2018 GT (rumor has it that rather than recreate the wheel Ford licensed it from GM) it handles rock solid and really makes the canyon driving a blast!!
Someone else who understands Thank you :thumbsup:
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517558

You were saying? If it matters, it was reported on Camaro6 before Mustang6g (look at the date/time of the first post). Anyways, congrats to Ford. It's a good time to be an enthusiast.
They were talking about whoever runs the site. Typically on here for example even if the this powerless failed platform does not outsell the other superior products it is still posted on the front page. The only time the sales thread is posted on the front page of C6G is only when the Camaro is leading for the month.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Most Profit per car has to go to Fiat-Chrysler. Ancient chassis paid off by Mercedes a long time ago with mostly carryover power train and only the most necessary interior upgrades. They are still going for fairly high transaction prices too with sales rivaling the Camaro. Someone needs to let C6G know that.

JChors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse
thehunterooo: Fair enough. I don't defend Camaro6's moderators or editors. Both forums have their inherent biases. It's like comparing Fox News to CNN. From the outside looking in you can see it clearer. I prefer to spend more time driving my car than posting about it. With that said i'm off for a spirited Sunday drive!

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Most Profit per car has to go to Fiat-Chrysler. Ancient chassis paid off by Mercedes a long time ago with mostly carryover power train and only the most necessary interior upgrades. They are still going for fairly high transaction prices too with sales rivaling the Camaro. Someone needs to let C6G know that.
That is true :lol:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
thehunterooo: Fair enough. I don't defend Camaro6's moderators or editors. Both forums have their inherent biases. It's like comparing Fox News to CNN. From the outside looking in you can see it clearer. I prefer to spend more time driving my car than posting about it. With that said i'm off for a spirited Sunday drive!
:cheers:

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
While I don't know GM's margins on the Camaro... I can't imagine them being that well since you are using the same platform for 3 cars.... That's three cars with three different sets of parts. Factor in TWO of those cars aren't even selling over a 1,000 units... I don't see it.....

Fun fact though... Camaro is only around 20,000 units higher from the last time they shut down production and they were around ballpark 5,000 units shorter than they were last year. with the way things are going for them I also can't see the Camaro sticking around for long without them going cheap on the next version.

I don't know what year the Camaro will get a whole new theme or platform, but that year will be the make it or break it year for it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While I don't know GM's margins on the Camaro... I can't imagine them being that well since you are using the same platform for 3 cars.... That's three cars with three different sets of parts. Factor in TWO of those cars aren't even selling over a 1,000 units... I don't see it.....

Fun fact though... Camaro is only around 20,000 units higher from the last time they shut down production and they were around ballpark 5,000 units shorter than they were last year. with the way things are going for them I also can't see the Camaro sticking around for long without them going cheap on the next version.

I don't know what year the Camaro will get a whole new theme or platform, but that year will be the make it or break it year for it.
If the 6gcamaro continues to not to sell well and the 2019 restyle tanks I don't think there will be a 7gcamaro.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
As long as they spread the cost over several different platforms. Like the alpha platform currently does. They'll be fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the 6gcamaro 2019 restyle will make it look more like a camry instead of a corolla :lol:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is how the buying public feels as a whole if not Mustang wouldn't be kicking camaros ass in sales

NoVaGT
Yeah, the outcome of that video doesn't mean a damned thing to me. Really, who cares?

I like Mustangs, if the Camaro wins the performance measures (and it will), it doesn't mean a thing. The Mustang is a different type of car.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The Camaro can have better numbers. But the Camaro looks like crap while the S550 is sexy as hell. That's the reason they sell so well. Chevy should go back to the drawing board and redesign their cheap looking product

This is how the buying public feels as a whole if not Mustang wouldn't be kicking camaros ass in sales

NoVaGT
Yeah, the outcome of that video doesn't mean a damned thing to me. Really, who cares?

I like Mustangs, if the Camaro wins the performance measures (and it will), it doesn't mean a thing. The Mustang is a different type of car.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Please Don't Miss The Point

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517558

You were saying? If it matters, it was reported on Camaro6 before Mustang6g (look at the date/time of the first post). Anyways, congrats to Ford. It's a good time to be an enthusiast.
Was not referring to member blog but Homepage feature article. When Cam leads a sales month it is balloons, boasting, and color pictures on the Camaro6G Homepage with a hyper link to the blog. When Cam trails a sales month, Cam6G Homepage features tech news and other developments, nothing about sales on page 1, 2, 3 or....
Sponsored