Sponsored

DeatschWerks 95lb or ID 1050s for a hellion kit on pump gas?

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
DeatschWerks 95lb or ID 1050s for a hellion kit on pump gas. Not really sure if I will go to E85 or not. Are they both adequate?
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Both are over kill for pump gas. But you will have plenty of headroom. I have tuned a lot of cars on both injectors, never had a lick of issue with either. :)

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I run the ID1050X with my Hellion kit on E85 or 93. You'll definitely be fine with either set of injectors on E85 like Procharger said.

Your best bet is always to ask your tuner which injectors they prefer to tune.

OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Both are over kill for pump gas. But you will have plenty of headroom. I have tuned a lot of cars on both injectors, never had a lick of issue with either. :)

I run the ID1050X with my Hellion kit on E85 or 93. You'll definitely be fine with either set of injectors on E85 like Procharger said.

Your best bet is always to ask your tuner which injectors they prefer to tune.
Thanks to both of you for responding. Im just trying to save a few bucks with the 95s. Im probably more likely to do pump gas with meth than doing E85. I called Palm Beach, they said either is fine but they prefer the 1050s.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Thanks to both of you for responding. Im just trying to save a few bucks with the 95s. Im probably more likely to do pump gas with meth than doing E85. I called Palm Beach, they said either is fine but they prefer the 1050s.
FWIW the 1050x's flow about 5% more according to ID. For flow sake I don't think it's worth the extra cost. And with Direct injection being enough to handle most of the driveability stuff, no real advantage to getting ID's

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
i got the id1050x for mine and I'm tuned for 91, just installed a snow kit as well since i don't got E85 near me. I will see results with the snow kit this week (not tuned for it). you will also need a BAP

OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
i got the id1050x for mine and I'm tuned for 91, just installed a snow kit as well since i don't got E85 near me. I will see results with the snow kit this week (not tuned for it). you will also need a BAP
Im definitely interested to see results with meth. Im kind of surprised its not as popular here in the ford arena. The corvette guys have it on a ton of them. I sold a 2008 C6 with meth on it 3 years ago that had 700rwhp. The meth worked flawlessly. Just fill it up once in a while!

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
well I'm only installing because I have false knock and the the octane here in CA is complete S#!+ so the tuner said i need better fuel. Hopefully it helps with the false knock that I am getting. i am also remote tuning and not dyno tuning but im sure i will notice a difference in how the car drives and responds with this kit installed.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
E85 has just about put meth users in the aftermarket out of business.

No need unless e85 is not available in your area.

OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
E85 has just about put meth users in the aftermarket out of business.

No need unless e85 is not available in your area.
Correct, nearest E85pump to me is an hour away

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
well I'm only installing because I have false knock and the the octane here in CA is complete S#!+ so the tuner said i need better fuel. Hopefully it helps with the false knock that I am getting. i am also remote tuning and not dyno tuning but im sure i will notice a difference in how the car drives and responds with this kit installed.
Wait...you're installing a meth kit to raise the octane to help with your FALSE knock? :crazy:

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Wait...you're installing a meth kit to raise the octane to help with your FALSE knock? :crazy:
at this point, I don't have a choice. its been a 8 week project and about 4 weeks tuning, I am doing anything I can at this point. I don;t have E85 around me so yah that's not an option. and I will have cooler temps so I don't mind

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
DW FTW.. save the money

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both injectors will do the job on pump, both will do the job on e85, however, the id's do have stainless bodies, so they will handle the e85 better imo, we have run both on our own cars, and on custom builds, feel free to hit me with any questions and discuss your combo

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Both injectors are great options. We run the ID injectors on our cars but have lots of customers running the DW ones with great results as well.

Give us a shout if there's anything we can assist you with. We're here to help!!
Sponsored