Dear Ford, I want my 895 dollars back.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Considering the panache of the B&O name as an audiophile top brand, the bruhaha that Ford and B&O made about the low end system that they provided is laughable. B&O claims to have spent 3 years analyzing and fitting their low end, popular price system to the Ford cars to get it it right.
My question to B&O is: What does it feel like to waste 3 years of their life and jeopardize their high standing in the audio world?
The B&O system is, at best , an OK system. Basically average quality.
The optional Sony 6 CD changer stereo on my 2007 F150 is MARKEDLY better.
The Mustang I bought had theB&O on it. It is claimed that the B&O system sounds somewhat better than the standard Shaker system. If that's true, I'm glad it has the B&O. It is not an impressive system, however.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah my girlfriend was the same. Her little rockford fosgate 4 speaker system in her Nissan Juke sounds better.
i don’t know how many speakers are in my fiancé’s new Mazda 3. It’s not the top of the line system and sounded very very bad when we got it. After some adjustment the minds and highs are infinitely better then my Shaker system. It’s not even close. Her system has no bass though. The shaker is crap there but has a little bit. I was surprised how good her car sounded with some door speakers compared to mine.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I would have preferred a no radio/no speakers option. Save the weight.
Track cars don't need no stinkin' radio.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I have shaker in my 2018. My settings are

Trebble all the way up, mid 3/4 and Bass 5/8 up. I go back and forward between driver and all around settings option.

Then these are my Spotify options and EQ...it sounds descent.
1AD5891F-148B-4765-A21C-0791CE6B32BA.png
A8AD1F25-456D-48B4-B483-7BBF884D4917.png

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I guess at the end of the day what I am saying is. It's not a "bad" stereo by any means. But compared to what others even the basic Fords offer for "free" as in not a premium charge. This system is a let down at 895. I changed my taillights out and to do that I had to remove the subwoofer. The tail light literally weighed more than the entire subwoofer assembly. I did not look but must be one cheap lightweight speaker in that box. Anything much above 15 volume and the sub starts to give up. I curious if it is a crap sub or if doesnt get the right power. Anyone know if there is a speaker replacement that does better without having to change wires and add amps and all that.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I guess at the end of the day what I am saying is. It's not a "bad" stereo by any means. But compared to what others even the basic Fords offer for "free" as in not a premium charge. This system is a let down at 895. I changed my taillights out and to do that I had to remove the subwoofer. The tail light literally weighed more than the entire subwoofer assembly. I did not look but must be one cheap lightweight speaker in that box. Anything much above 15 volume and the sub starts to give up. I curious if it is a crap sub or if doesnt get the right power. Anyone know if there is a speaker replacement that does better without having to change wires and add amps and all that.
I agree, is not great, is good.

I tried both systems before ordering my car and decided to spend the 1K extra and forget about it.

My biggest complaint is that, at least on the shaker, it’s hard to hear multichannels. It’s like listening a 2.1 stereo and not a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. I don’t know about the BO but the shaker sub doesn’t give above 15. I know there’s a jl woofer replacement that you can get.

Edit: found the link
https://www.americanmuscle.com/stealthbox-subwoofer-upgrade-kit-kit-part-15117.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I agree, is not great, is good.

I tried both systems before ordering my car and decided to spend the 1K extra and forget about it.

My biggest complaint is that, at least on the shaker, it’s hard to hear multichannels. It’s like listening a 2.1 stereo and not a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. I don’t know about the BO but the shaker sub doesn’t give above 15. I know there’s a jl woofer replacement that you can get.

Edit: found the link
https://www.americanmuscle.com/stealthbox-subwoofer-upgrade-kit-kit-part-15117.html
Awesome thanks.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Awesome thanks for the tips. How did you do the toggle? a tutorial? or did you just figure it out on own. if tutorial can you link?

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I have catless longtubes, no resonator and corsa sports. what the hell is music lol

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have catless longtubes, no resonator and corsa sports. what the hell is music lol
Thats what IM talking about. I don't bother with music now and just listen to the car. I want that money back so i can make better music of my own with a new setup :)

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
base stereo here... sounds great. I normally turn it down, roll down the windows, and listen to the sweet sounds of my exhaust..

But.. To each his (or her) own.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I have the base '16 Shaker system without the subwoofer sounds pretty decent for what it is. Granted a wee bit more Bass would wake it up, but I thought it sounded good. I don't drive it enough to justify the cost of changing everything now...

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
In total agreement and glad I didn't wait for the '19 for the B&O. I ordered my '18 with the Shaker and no way does it compare with my '03 premium/high level. Even after disconnecting the dash center channel the balance is still very much front centered and fake. The rear speakers are junk and if I fade too much to the rear I lose too much total volume. Has anyone replaced just the rear speakers and nothing else? Can the system be balanced better? I've read that one has to use Forescan to disable the various eq settings, is this true?

2BullittS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt. 1968 Mustang Bullitt Restomod. 2018 Mustang GT 1989 Mustang GT Conv
B&O is a name from a far distant past that made some good stuff like turntables. OP- 320 is still compressed lossy files. . Rip some CD’s onto a USB stick do try that. I have the stock stereo in my 18 GT and it’s ok. Sounds better than my Sony equipped Escape.
Sponsored