OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Kyle was on the radio talking and Dean couldn't talk over him. Dean was trying to tell him to pit. It was too late by the time he could talk. At that point it was calculated that the car would be somewhere around a lap or a gallon short. Kyle told Dean he would stay out front and conserve fuel where he could. Apparently, slowing the car via downshifting versus braking (where possible) conserves a small amount of fuel. Kyle was running ~7 seconds ahead of the pack and pulling away before the caution. After the caution, with some cars getting tires and a splash of fuel, Kyle kept the differential between him and the second place car ~ 2.5 to 3.5 seconds.

Not only can Kyle drive but he is very sharp when it comes to the numbers it takes to win. I gotta believe his driver rating is going to bump him from the class much in the way it happened to Billy Johnson.

BOP - because everyone's a winner.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I just noticed that the BoP on the Mustang GT4 jot nailed for 10kg more weight, a 4mm smaller air intake restrictor, 3.5L less fuel and a 1mm smaller fueling restrictor. OUCH!!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
They just got more weight, the larger restrictor back, half fuel capacity back, and fuel restrictor is back to 22.5

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Gah I hate BoP so much
Or EoT as WEC calls it

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just got more weight, the larger restrictor back, half fuel capacity back, and fuel restrictor is back to 22.5
I'd love to see the correspondence between Ford and the SRO/IMSA between the last BOP adjustment and this one.
BOP.JPG

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit!

250KG more than the Cayman? WTF

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I'd love to see the correspondence between Ford and the SRO/IMSA between the last BOP adjustment and this one.
BOP.JPG
Some positives are better than none... At least they get less throttle restriction for RA.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Who would ever have thought a Mustang would need to be hundreds of pounds heavier than mid engine Porsches and McLarens, and over 100lbs heavier than the Camaro because it's that good. :crackup:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
My opinion, there should be no differences in fuel tank size, refueling restrictor, ride height, and others. That should be even across the board. Wing size, splitter size, again, that should be equal.
As far as engine size, that should depend on weight class. If you're within 2500-2700, then you have a small engine. If you're within 2700-2900, then you can have up to a specific amount larger engine. Etc.
And if you had a turbo, then you just drop that max engine size by 1L or so for each turbo you have.

And they already only allow factory style components in the engine, so that would keep cost down.

IDK. I just like having an even rule book that allows variation between manufacturers. I want to see a racing car version of the street car out there battling it out. I don't want a set of handicaps on the car due the driver/team being better. Don't nerf a car because it's better. If you wrote the rule book correctly, then the manufacturer just made a better car.
If a Mustang beats a McLaren...well then so be it. Maybe they should try harder.

Okay...sorry. I'll get off my soap box now.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My opinion, there should be no differences in fuel tank size, refueling restrictor, ride height, and others. That should be even across the board. Wing size, splitter size, again, that should be equal.
As far as engine size, that should depend on weight class. If you're within 2500-2700, then you have a small engine. If you're within 2700-2900, then you can have up to a specific amount larger engine. Etc.
And if you had a turbo, then you just drop that max engine size by 1L or so for each turbo you have.

And they already only allow factory style components in the engine, so that would keep cost down.

IDK. I just like having an even rule book that allows variation between manufacturers. I want to see a racing car version of the street car out there battling it out. I don't want a set of handicaps on the car due the driver/team being better. Don't nerf a car because it's better. If you wrote the rule book correctly, then the manufacturer just made a better car.
If a Mustang beats a McLaren...well then so be it. Maybe they should try harder.

Okay...sorry. I'll get off my soap box now.
I'd like to see them run the cars exactly stock. If they have to change wheels/tires for the race sponsor, I'm ok with that. Other than that, I think the best car should win. Then the Voodoo would dominate like the winged cars dominated NASCAR in 1970.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In IMSA Continental Tire a stock GT350 would be lucky to last 10 minutes.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In IMSA Continental Tire a stock GT350 would be lucky to last 10 minutes.
Well, there was the GT350R-C that ran 2015-16 Conti season and won 2016. The two cars that ran (both Ford/Multimatic for 2015 and Ford/Multimatic and C360 for 2016) were 5.2L FPC “Voodoo’s”. The cars could finish races, but needed some attention after each race.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who would ever have thought a Mustang would need to be hundreds of pounds heavier than mid engine Porsches and McLarens, and over 100lbs heavier than the Camaro because it's that good. :crackup:
To be fair, the Camaro only ran half a season last year and hasn’t ran in Conti this season. So, no opportunity to compare BoP there.

Nevertheless, the Mustang GT4 is an awesome race car! I’ve been at a track day with a guy who did a GT350/GT4 build. Very sweet.