Dealerships really ramping up the BS

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Had mine done last week! Didn't get an air freshener though.

I feel so USED!
Absolutely go back! A little secret I learned...air fresheners are free. I was told that I would get complimentary air fresheners as part of the ADM I paid. Along with the air fresheners, they wash my car with a bar of Dove soap each time as well. I'm not a detail expert, but I do know that Dove soap is the real deal. I'm on my fifth wife and she swears by it. The pool boy seems to agree as well. Always complimenting her and such. Such a nice guy...so attentive.

See if they'll offer you the Dove wash as well!
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Just curious... what the hell is a fuel system flush anyway? What would they flush it with? I would have had a lot of fun with that service department. Like "Ok, please show me each item and why it needs that service."
From what i've seen it's a 10 dollar bottle of techron they charge you 150-300 for

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I can not stand going to Tire stores that do other work. Watching the same pattern " Sir you need a inverter valve or your car will explode and you might die..We can do it today for $350" and 99% of them say " OK sure, thanks"
Yeah, they don't make those inverter valves like they used to. Nowadays you can only expect to get maybe 10K miles before the car explodes and kills ya.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
Dealerships are nothing but legalized crooks. There getting you one way or another. Worked at one for 12 years. Lots of hidden stuff the consumer never knows about. It's sad.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Dealerships are nothing but legalized crooks. There getting you one way or another. Worked at one for 12 years. Lots of hidden stuff the consumer never knows about. It's sad.
When I took mine in for a few minor warranty things ( 65000 but ford blue coverage ) I decided to get the trans serviced ..advisor told me $270 for a full flush etc....Went to pick it up and they hand me a bill for $470, when I questioned it they said " oh let me fix it" and dropped it down to $320.

To me that shows dishonesty and tried to rip me off..They could have earned my business for life but instead pushed me away forever. That goes from Oil changes to buying a new car down the road.

Sponsored

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had my car there 4 months ago for an oil change
You let the dealer change your oil and oil filter? WOW, That is your first problem. I've changed the oil on my 2015 GT PP from day one with nothing, but Mobil 1 Full Synthetic and K&N oil filters. I don't let the dealer touch my car endlessly its absolutely the last resort.

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
I am amazed how many people immediately say, “change your own oil“….There are some of us that that is just not possible. I live in a condo, Have a bad back at the age of 73 and after changing my oil for 30 years, now I have to take it to somebody. Just realize there are other people in different situations than yours.

I have a very reliable muffler shop close to me where I take the car for my oil service. They are excellent, they let me stand next to the car while they do it, I bring my own oil and filter, and they charge me 35 bucks to put it up on the lift and watch “Bob” do it. There are reputable shops out there.

your situation may be different, but I find the yelp reviews to be helpful and asking around to find good word-of-mouth shops.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I am amazed how many people immediately say, “change your own oil“….There are some of us that that is just not possible. I live in a condo, Have a bad back at the age of 73 and after changing my oil for 30 years, now I have to take it to somebody. Just realize there are other people in different situations than yours.

I have a very reliable muffler shop close to me where I take the car for my oil service. They are excellent, they let me stand next to the car while they do it, I bring my own oil and filter, and they charge me 35 bucks to put it up on the lift and watch “Bob” do it. There are reputable shops out there.

your situation may be different, but I find the yelp reviews to be helpful and asking around to find good word-of-mouth shops.
Agree. I think what should be said is IF you want and are able to change your own oil. Otherwise find a reputable shop as you mentioned. Dealers, Jiffy Lube, etc normally do a shit job.

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am amazed how many people immediately say, “Change your own oil“…. I live in a condo, Have a bad back at the age of 73"
I am even more amazed by how many people have excuses not to change their own oil. I have a bad back too at age 51, my knees are shot from my days as a Marine humping all over the place, breaking my neck in 3 places, shattering my shoulder blade from getting ejected from my 2001 Mustang Bullitt in a rollover and yet I still manage to change my own oil without excuses. Maybe it's time for you to get an electric car. It would require less work on your part. Just saying.

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
sorry you are broken more than me, … you obviously missed the point about living in a condo and being a garage that won’t allow you to do any work … But whatever…

I just painted all my brake calipers which required me to use my Pittsburgh jack and jackstands to get the job done at a friend's house. I don’t have any problem working on my car when there is no good alternative, but a $35 oil change 3 miles from my house is well worth farming it out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I am even more amazed by how many people have excuses not to change their own oil. I have a bad back too at age 51, my knees are shot from my days as a Marine humping all over the place, breaking my neck in 3 places, shattering my shoulder blade from getting ejected from my 2001 Mustang Bullitt in a rollover and yet I still manage to change my own oil without excuses. Maybe it's time for you to get an electric car. It would require less work on your part. Just saying.
Ill just pay someone 28 dollars to do it for me. 😄

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I feel bad for you homies that have had issues with quick lube shops. I've never had a single problem and my work vehicle sees a Jiffy Lube at least twice a year 🤷‍♂️ I also tape a $50 bill to my oil pan, but I doubt that has anything to do with it....🤫

Last edited:

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ill just pay someone 28 dollars to do it for me. 😄
Good luck finding someone to change your oil for $28.
CompanyPrice range*
Jiffy Lube$45.99-$89.99
Meineke$35-$65
Midas$39.99-$89.99
Pep Boys$34.99-$99.99

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Good luck finding someone to change your oil for $28.
CompanyPrice range*
Jiffy Lube$45.99-$89.99
Meineke$35-$65
Midas$39.99-$89.99
Pep Boys$34.99-$99.99
Been going to the same guy for years. Owns his own shop, lets me bring my stuff, stand there and watch his guy do it. 28 bucks. Don't know where the political comment came from, but you do you. 😀

Edit just for the lols: My bad it's $26.82 🤣 🤣

20240119_225037.jpg
Sponsored