Sponsored

Dealership Really Pushing ESP. How Reliable Are The Convertibles?

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Chrokee / Honda CRV / 1996 Thunderbird
I'm about to purchase a brand new EcoBoost premium convertible and the dealership is pushing really hard on the extended service plan. Now, I know enough to know that the dealerships make money on these plans that's why they push them so hard. But they keep leaning on the fact that it covers the convertible top and motor and reminding me that if those break it can be a very expensive fix. And now that they keep focusing on that of course I start to wonder if this a problem with these cars. Are the roofs mostly reliable including all the components such as the motor?

Also this isn't exactly specific to the convertible but is this era of Mustangs overall reliable? This is going to be an extra car that will only be driven in the summer months and even then it won't be driven every day.
Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I'm about to purchase a brand new EcoBoost premium convertible and the dealership is pushing really hard on the extended service plan. Now, I know enough to know that the dealerships make money on these plans that's why they push them so hard. But they keep leaning on the fact that it covers the convertible top and motor and reminding me that if those break it can be a very expensive fix. And now that they keep focusing on that of course I start to wonder if this a problem with these cars. Are the roofs mostly reliable including all the components such as the motor?

Also this isn't exactly specific to the convertible but is this era of Mustangs overall reliable? This is going to be an extra car that will only be driven in the summer months and even then it won't be driven every day.
Check out https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Lots of folks here going to this forum sponsor for great deals on Ford extended warranties.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Regardless of a vert or coupe I would buy some type of extended warranty of these mustangs. The A/C is known to fail which alone can cost thousands. But its very important you either buy from granger ford or Ford Flood. OR get your dealership to match them.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
The car is also covered 3/36, then 5/60 powertrain, so you have time. They want to up sell when they sell the car. WALK.
They pretty much double their cost , so it s a large profit.

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regardless of a vert or coupe I would buy some type of extended warranty of these mustangs. The A/C is known to fail which alone can cost thousands. But its very important you either buy from granger ford or Ford Flood. OR get your dealership to match them.
Thank you! I completely forgot that I had heard of purchasing from Flood Ford several years ago and I just looked into it now. The price difference doesn't even seem possible, the dealership I'm purchasing the car is more than double the price from Granger or Flood.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... so if you buy an 8 year plan the day you purchase the car you lose 3 years of that as it overlaps with the factory warranty.... and only get 5 after the first warranty is up? So it really makes sense to purchase it a few months before the factory warranty is up so you get the full amount of years. Is this correct????

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Thank you! I completely forgot that I had heard of purchasing from Flood Ford several years ago and I just looked into it now. The price difference doesn't even seem possible, the dealership I'm purchasing the car is more than double the price from Granger or Flood.
They are a pure money maker for the dealerships. Granger and Flood concentrate on quantity to make their money and not a single sale like most dealerships. I got one for my wife's bronco from Flood after I purchased it. Don't let them strong-arm you into getting it.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
... so if you buy an 8 year plan the day you purchase the car you lose 3 years of that as it overlaps with the factory warranty.... and only get 5 after the first warranty is up? So it really makes sense to purchase it a few months before the factory warranty is up so you get the full amount of years. Is this correct????
It's from the original in-service date. It's not 5 years from the time you purchase the plan.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
almost 1/2 the price at Grainger.

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are a pure money maker for the dealerships. Granger and Flood concentrate on quantity to make their money and not a single sale like most dealerships. I got one for my wife's bronco from Flood after I purchased it. Don't let them strong-arm you into getting it.
I did know that they were pure profit for the dealerships and I usually don't let them sway me but they were leaning so hard on how it convered the convertible top that it got me thinking so I thought I would at least ask everyone here. And of course it's exactly what they wanted for me to start second guessing passing on the ESP. They know what to say and probably do convince a lot people to purchase it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
almost 1/2 the price at Grainger.
The quote from the dealership was literally more than double the price for the same exact plan at Granger or Flood. It's $975 from those two and the quote from the dealership was $2,495. I literally thought I was doing something wrong and wasn't looking at the same plan but have since confirmed it's the same exact plan, deductible and miles.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The longer you wait to buy the more expensive it will be. That`s where the caught is.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The quote from the dealership was literally more than double the price for the same exact plan at Granger or Flood. It's $975 from those two and the quote from the dealership was $2,495. I literally thought I was doing something wrong and wasn't looking at the same plan but have since confirmed it's the same exact plan, deductible and miles.
Ask and you shall receive .

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I always like when the F&I guy tries to convince me that the car is a rolling computer and if one goes bad you can't fix it yourself and will cost thousand upon thousands of dollars to fix. I always reply with, show me the numbers on computer failures in this particular model, and if anything computers have greatly increased the overall reliability. Then back off just a bit, then turn the pressure back up.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Are you going to bring that quote to your local dealership? Would love to see there reaction.
Sponsored