Dealership pricing on a second hand EB versus a new HPP

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Hello fellow countrymen and women. I'm a bloke looking to buy a HPP in about 6 months time.

As a result, I've started keeping an eye on the market in general, and noticed this.

- On the Ford website I can spec an HPP, auto, in premium paint for $58,406 driveaway.

- Meanwhile, on CarSales, I see a dealership trying to flog a regular Ecoboost, from 2018, with 12,000km for $55,888 BEFORE onroads.

So quick question, is this dealership absolutely nuts, or am I missing something?

For mine, it's a two year old car, engine's not as good, bracing's not as good, doesn't have any of the extras like the GT splitter, the rear wing, the unique chassis numbering, striping, etc, of the HPP. However you slice and dice it, the HPP is a lot more car for the money.

Yet with onroads they're asking almost as much as a brand-new HPP? Am I seeing this correctly?

And especially given there's probably a good discount lurking in that $58,406 on the HPP, the second-hand EB price seems extra nuts.

Listing: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-ford-mustang-fn-auto-rwd-my19/OAG-AD-18549069/?Cr=0
Sponsored

Last edited:

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I would be looking for at least a 10-15% discount if you are buying new

Reactions: HPP
OP
OP
HPP

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I would be looking for at least a 10-15% discount if you are buying new
Oh without doubt, mate. I'll be going in at 20% at my local dealer and if their counter dips below 15% I'll be heading for the door and calling a car broker to spread the offer far and wide. Someone will bite.

Based on the idea that 15% is achievable in today's market - let alone the market of 6 months from now - I just find the price on that two-year-old Ecoboost (which doesn't even include on-roads), to be extraordinary.

Are there people out there actually paying this for second hand Mustangs, or does the dealer just have their hand majorly on it?
Sponsored