NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I appreciate your response. I apologize for sounding like a novice here but I have never owned a muscle car before let alone a brand new one so I am not sure if I am breaking them in properly. I did everything by the manual. I take the car out to the highway and give it, drive it from 0 to 160km/h. I drive it in sports transmission mode as much as I can on the highway and then in normal trans during city drives.
I was pissed at the tech for not even asking me before taking my car out for a joyride. Speaking of the transmission's learning curve, do you know if it will ever get back to the same as it was before as I continue to drive like I do?
As long as my car is fine I am ok with it.
1. Mustangs are Pony cars, not Muscle cars. It's a small thing, but shows real knowledge. The two types of cars are quite a bit different, historically.

2. Drive the car like you stole it. Rings, bearings, and seals need heat & pressure to bed-in properly. Get on it, then back off. Get on it, then back off. Rinse & repeat.

The trans will be fine, and adapt to how you drive again.
Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I don’t think the technician completely ruined your car by driving it how it’s meant to be driven so you’re fine. Also if you don’t want to have stuff like this happen in the future don’t take it to a dealer (especially a Honda dealer) I hear stories like this at least once a week on the forums. If I may ask what mudflaps did you install, I cringe at the thought of a Honda dealer installing mudflaps on a Ford car if they weren’t specifically made for it.

OP
OP

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don’t think the technician completely ruined your car by driving it how it’s meant to be driven so you’re fine. Also if you don’t want to have stuff like this happen in the future don’t take it to a dealer (especially a Honda dealer) I hear stories like this at least once a week on the forums. If I may ask what mudflaps did you install, I cringe at the thought of a Honda dealer installing mudflaps on a Ford car if they weren’t specifically made for it.
Yea I learnt my lesson taking it to a non ford dealer. Next time, I will have my dash cam installed and I will ask the advisor to let the tech know that there are to be no rides and to stick to the job strictly. I installed these:

https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-...lash-guards-15-17?_pos=1&_sid=a865b7927&_ss=r

I got them in black. They blend in well and have reduced the splashes on my paint by about 80% on front and back. They work better on the fronts.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
1. Mustangs are Pony cars, not Muscle cars. It's a small thing, but shows real knowledge. The two types of cars are quite a bit different, historically.

2. Drive the car like you stole it. Rings, bearings, and seals need heat & pressure to bed-in properly. Get on it, then back off. Get on it, then back off. Rinse & repeat.

The trans will be fine, and adapt to how you drive again.
He's not in a '65 6 banger. 460 HP = Muscle car

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I want to thank everyone for their feedback, I was very upset about what happened but mostly I was concerned about my engine's health. Everyone reassuring me that my engine's fine has helped immensely. I don't know if reporting ford corporate would help as this was a honda dealership. The ford dealership was far and they couldnt take my car in for a while so I took it to the closest dealership to me and I regret it. Never again
Just keep in mind, heaven forbid, that something did happen to the engine you’re covered under warranty. I think you’re fine but it’s good to know.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
He's not in a '65 6 banger. 460 HP = Muscle car
HP numbers don't define what a Muscle or Pony car is. Original Mustangs with 289 Hi-Po Windsors are still Pony cars. Mustangs literally set the definition of "Pony Cars".

A muscle car is a mid-sized coupe or sedan, that the manufacturer stuffs their monster engines in. Pony cars are (historically) much smaller and lighter. And pretty much that holds true today. A Mustang is much smaller and lighter than a Charger or Challenger, which are true modern Muscle cars.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
HP numbers don't define what a Muscle or Pony car is. Original Mustangs with 289 Hi-Po Windsors are still Pony cars. Mustangs literally set the definition of "Pony Cars".

A muscle car is a mid-sized coupe or sedan, that the manufacturer stuffs their monster engines in. Pony cars are (historically) much smaller and lighter. And pretty much that holds true today. A Mustang is much smaller and lighter than a Charger or Challenger, which are true modern Muscle cars.
High performance in a light coupe body = muscle car. A pony car can be a muscle car too, so I guess you are sorta right. ;-)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So... why would your NEW Mustang to a Honda dealer for anything? There is absolutely no reason for ANY dealer to test drive a car after a mud flap installation!

Toronto dealership? Any explanation from the service people as to why they had to drive it and why the “tech” would even change a setting (put it in sports mode)? Ford will not likely do anything and remark that you should have brought it to them.

With that said, I’m sure it’s fine. But man, I’d be completely livid to have some a-hole joyriding in MY car especially when I’m the one paying them for doing it!

Just one Reason why it’s nice to do your own work.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
High performance in a light coupe body = muscle car. A pony car can be a muscle car too, so I guess you are sorta right. ;-)
No, that's not what a Muscle car is. Never was, isn't now. Like I said, a Muscle car is a very distinct market segment of mid-sized coupes and sedans that their manufacturers stuffed their largest motors into.

A MUSTANG is a POOOOOOONY car (get it? Mustang/Pony?). It's a market segment the Mustang created, that included the Camaro, Firebird, Cougar & Javelin.

They're two completely different things.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
No, that's not what a Muscle car is. Never was, isn't now. Like I said, a Muscle car is a very distinct market segment of mid-sized coupes and sedans that their manufacturers stuffed their largest motors into.

A MUSTANG is a POOOOOOONY car (get it? Mustang/Pony?). It's a market segment the Mustang created, that included the Camaro, Firebird, Cougar & Javelin.

They're two completely different things.
Is the current mustang less than mid-sized now days? Came from a mini cooper so naturally feels bigger to me.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Is the current mustang less than mid-sized now days? Came from a mini cooper so naturally feels bigger to me.
I'm not certain anymore. The categories aren't the same anymore, near as I can tell.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
For future peace of mind, take a spare key fob and through the "My Key" programming, place limits on revs, MPH, etc. Use this key for service or parking valets.

OP
OP

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For future peace of mind, take a spare key fob and through the "My Key" programming, place limits on revs, MPH, etc. Use this key for service or parking valets.
I will do this, I did not look into setting up the mykey option yet. I think I will do that now.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Tech should not have ripped on it. That being said, he didn't run it as yard as i run my stuff so i wouldn't be worried about any mechanical damage.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I want to thank everyone for their feedback, I was very upset about what happened but mostly I was concerned about my engine's health. Everyone reassuring me that my engine's fine has helped immensely. I don't know if reporting ford corporate would help as this was a honda dealership. The ford dealership was far and they couldnt take my car in for a while so I took it to the closest dealership to me and I regret it. Never again
Put yourself in the Honda parts replacer shoes and have empathy... all day long they work on bla bla blaaa Hondas. They are almost exciting as grandma's fruit cake.

Then comes in a brand new 5.0 GT Mustang for rock guards. Man what a car, listen to that rumble, what a machine, I want one so bad.

Let me hear that V8.. gosh I'm getting high listening to that, I want to drive it. I will take it around the block, easy not to fast. Man this car drives good, I want one so bad.
Their heatbeat was way high for the rest of the day. You gave them a GIFT. They will probably remember your car for the rest of their life.
They surly didn't hurt it.
Our cars are drugs
Sponsored