Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it is just me but where I live I can only think of 3 GT350s that I have seen in person driving around and they have produced ~15K over the past 3 years?
try 2500'ish a year since 2015 so about 8000 examples give or take. If Ford really does make 5000/yr of the GT500, you will be tripping over them compared to the 1st Gen GT350s.
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dont confuse a whippled gt and a gt500 then.
If you dont think reliability costs money, this must be your first rodeo.
You can cherry pick statements and purposely misinterpret them all you want. I never said reliability doesn't cost money, I said blindly throwing cash at something doesn't mean reliability. Just because a gt500 is more expensive, doesn't mean it's any more reliable than a GT at comparable HP. It could be, but it could also not be. But I have facts about what works and doesn't for GT's and all you've been doing this whole time is speculating.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Come on son. You know nothing really about the actual performance of the Gt500 you just bought but you for sure know nothing about the 2018+ A10 GT.

Actually it will probably be slower since Ford is saying sub 11 which is what NA Mustangs are doing with simple bolt on's for $3K.. Most blowers with a good custom tune can do low 10's. So for about 10-15K.

It will take years for aftermarket testing to find enough GT500 owners willing to mod and test their setup before serious numbers are posted. Much like it did with the Demon's, which what I have seen have very few in the low 9's let along 8's, and that's a dedicated drag setup with dedicated forced induction chillers. GT500 isn't in the same class on the Strip as the Demon so might be awhile.
Simple bolt ons on this new GT500 will probably new 9s. Using the Demon is a horrible example, and it will not take "years" to get serious numbers. This car is more inline with the ZR1 (which has already reached 8s in the 1/4 mile). Companies will be buying the GT500 trying to be the first to achieve 9s, 8s, 7s.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Simple bolt ons on this new GT500 will probably new 9s. Using the Demon is a horrible example, and it will not take "years" to get serious numbers. This car is more inline with the ZR1 (which has already reached 8s in the 1/4 mile). Companies will be buying the GT500 trying to be the first to achieve 9s, 8s, 7s.
There's already talk from some of the top tuners about being unsure how easy it will be to tune the new GT500 depending on what ford does to try and lock the computers down so....

Also, please stop speculating because you really have no idea. If the GT500 runs a 10.9 in stock form on the track, there's no way "simple bolt ons" as you all have been describing them will shave off a full second to reach 9's. Because according to all you fan boys, anything beyond a CAI is apparently some ridiculous build and a GT with a power adder is a crazy build requiring $80K and is on the verge of blowing up constantly.... even though the new GT500 has the same garbage PTWA cylinder liner too.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
lol, yeah I don't see the comparison. ZR1 and GT500 are nothing a like. Btw, one of those got beat by a NA Gt A10 with bolt ons not long ago in a youtuber showdown. Causes an enormous amount of hurt feelings among the chevy guys. Guy went and bought a MClaren I believe.

Edit: I don't think there any ZR1's in the 8's. From what I've seen the world record is by Hennessy in the mid 9's

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Wait, so reliable doesnt cost money, coming from the guy that complains about his racestars not coming with the required lugs, the guy that says 9s are fast, and stock gt' go 8s?

Damn. Im glad im passed being POOR and having to justify why i cant afford a car for reasons other than being poor.

A blower car can do low 10s with 10-15? Whats an optioned gt cost? 40k? 40+15= 55. Whats it take to get 9s? Another 10? Shew, $ is getting up there.. whats it take to reliably run that, another 10 for trans? Hmm... numbers are getting closer..

Theres no talk from tuners about this being hard to tune. If your tuners are saying that, id find a new tuner. One that doesnt use speaker wite duct tape and a casio calculator to tune with.
But what do i know, i didnt scrounge my savings for a gt+ whipple, so i must not know what gt can and cant do, the compromises you have to make to have a low 9 sec GT, or what it costs to bu quality parts. Hell, quality parts are cheap i hear. Race stars get the job done i guess.. i mean, so do steel spares if you really want to build on a budget, and no special lugs to buy and complain about.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wait, so reliable doesnt cost money, coming from the guy that complains about his racestars not coming with the required lugs, the guy that says 9s are fast, and stock gt' go 8s?

Damn. Im glad im passed being POOR and having to justify why i cant afford a car for reasons other than being poor.

Theres no talk from tuners about this being hard to tune. If your tuners are saying that, id find a new tuner. One that doesnt use speaker wite duct tape and a casio calculator to tune with.
But what do i know, i didnt scrounge my savings for a gt+ whipple, so i must not know what gt can and cant do, the compromises you have to make to have a low 9 sec GT, or what it costs to bu quality parts. Hell, quality parts are cheap i hear. Race stars get the job done i guess.. i mean, so do steel spares if you really want to build on a budget, and no special lugs to buy and complain about.
Man, I must've really struck a nerve with you since you're still scrounging through my post history with nothing better to do. You seem very upset so I'll leave you alone then.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Man, I must've really struck a nerve with you since you're still scrounging through my post history with nothing better to do. You seem very upset so I'll leave you alone then.
According to you, Quality doesnt cost money, but you bought literally the cheapest set of wheels, and then complained about fit and finish and having to buy lugs extra..
Maybe go back to where retards hangout and a whippled gt is fast

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
According to you, Quality doesnt cost money, but you bought literally the cheapest set of wheels, and then complained about fit and finish and having to buy lugs extra..
Maybe go back to where retrads hangout and a whippled gt is fast
Oof, this is kind of sad to watch now.

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not as sad as hearing a poor justify his budget 10 sec gt build as a better buy than a gt500.

:)
The most sad part is you're probably a full grown adult acting like this. You must be a riot to hang out with.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
You're legit wrong on this, and the evidence is all over the place. No one mentioned a boost a pump. I said blower and $3,000 fuel system, which consists of injectors and a return style fuel system. @Rjames18 has been bottom 9's with an lpf twin turbo setup, fuel system, and stock transmission/longblock/suspension. Whipple'd 18's with blower plus fuel system are all over the 9's and with a converter and mild suspension a few are in the 8's. Midnight performance had a stock transmission and stock longblock deep into the 8's. Shaun at AED had a gen 2 coyote with stock block except opg and intake cam with CPR turbo in the bottom 8's. Like I said, numerous examples of stock longblock 18+ gt's (and plenty gen 2 coyotes out there too) with simply power adder and supporting fuel system that could easily slap a 10 second car (which the gt500 is). I never said they'd last forever at that power level either. But high 9's is easily attainable and not too hard on the 18+ stock longblock and 10r80 to last a while.
So basically a car modded to be a race car only, that will live just a few passes, is now a street daily driver. Most of you examples are RACE SHOPS....That can fix the cars they break as they are chasing times. I guess these are your example of lightly modded cars. Fine I will let this just die off. The race shop cars that can takeout a stock GT500. Oh man...Ford is building a clunker. Because stock longblocks all are the rage. Hell Ford should have just used the 5.0 motor.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
try 2500'ish a year since 2015 so about 8000 examples give or take. If Ford really does make 5000/yr of the GT500, you will be tripping over them compared to the 1st Gen GT350s.
Nah, ford has been making in excess of 5000 units of the 350 in 16/17/18. 19 was a little lower, probably 3000.

I believe in 17 along with Rs it’s well into the 6000 units, 6848 I believe.

906 were Rs.

A lot of 350s have been made now, rarity is dropping. I figure there’re 2000 Rs for sure now and will be close to 3000 for 2020.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.